Chapter Eighteen

My head was pounding and I whimpered as my eyes slowly fluttered open and adjusted to the bright lighting of the room

My head was pounding and I whimpered as my eyes slowly fluttered open and adjusted to the bright lighting of the room. I raised my head and when I realized I wasn't in my house memories flashed through my head.

I tried to move my hands but then I realized they were tied behind my back and so were my feet. I could feel the panic swelling in my chest as I looked around.

I was in a large room with dirty grey walls. The room was mostly empty minus the fire extinguisher hanging on the wall and there was a small wood table behind me. On the table there were my coat and boots and when I looked at myself I realized I was only wearing my grey turtleneck, blue jeans and socks.

I tried to think of a way to get out of here when the large door at the front of the room opened and a cold gust of wind entered the room. I realized by the light coming from outdoors that it was now morning.

I had been unconscious the whole night.

I looked at Roger as he walked in the room and when he saw I was awake he smirked and started walking towards me.

"Good morning, doll." He said and I grimaced at him and looked away.

He kneeled down at me and gripped my chin, forcing me to face his disgusting face.

"I expect an answer when I talk to you." He sneered and I blinked at him, not answering.

He chuckled but there was no hint of amusement in his voice, only malice.

"You can act as stubborn as you want but soon you'll be begging and crying for me to let you go and then we'll see who's the cheeky one, yeah?" He said rubbing my lip and it took everything in me not to tell him to get his dirty hands off me.

I could tell my silence was angering him which just pushed me to keep my resolve. I wouldn't give him the pleasure of seeing me break like I did last night, especially knowing he actually liked it.

"Fucking bitch." He hissed as he let go of my face and stood up, taking a deep breath.

His phone suddenly rang and I looked up at him as he walked a few steps away from me and picked it up.

He started talking in a low voice and I could only catch a few words.

She's really back?

The clients-ecstatic to hear it.

Auction- two weeks.

Yes she's not going anywhere this time.

can't wait to see Stella again.

No no she's not going to run away.

My eyes widened when I heard the name Stella. Stella as in Aster's sister? She was still alive? Was she the one who was back?