Chapter Ten

My mind was blank as my fingers continued to sketch in my notebook

My mind was blank as my fingers continued to sketch in my notebook. I let the pencil run over the paper and let myself freely draw whatever that came to me.

I had a habit of doing so.

Drawing or painting without really thinking about what I was going to come up with.

I liked seeing my own creations with a fresh pair of eyes as in I hadn't spent hours staring at the paper or canvas.

When I finally set my pencil down to really look at what I had drawn I did a double take. I blinked to see if I was actually seeing this right.

But even when I rubbed my eyes and looked at the piece of paper the image was still the same.

I drew Aster.

His face that I spent my days staring at or dreaming about was now engraved on this peace of paper.

I was shocked at how I didn't even realize that I was drawing him until I was done because of how detailed his face was.

I ran my finger over it and sighed.

This crush was getting worse by the day.

And honestly it was all Aster's fault. I mean, who told him to be this kind? This sweet and caring?

What kind of girl wouldn't fall for a man who cooked for her, did her hair for her every day and go walk for hours during a snowstorm to get her pads and painkillers?

And on top of that, ever since we started sleeping on the same bed he would cuddle me every night and since that night where I had my period he's been kissing my forehead before I fell asleep.

There was just no way I wouldn't catch feelings.

I decided to dwindle down the 80% to a 73% because of all the affection Aster has been showing me.

I still didn't want to get my hopes high because I didn't know how Aster behaved with everyone else. Maybe he just had a sense of responsibility over me and that's why he was so sweet. It didn't mean he also liked me.

I knew there was nothing I could do about this crush because soon I was going to leave and go back home, back to my normal life.

A life without Aster.

My heart squeezed at the thought and I frowned down at the drawing.

At least I had this to remind me of him. And maybe... maybe once I go back I could paint him instead. Add colour to this colourless drawing.

Aster lived in the city too. Who knows he might want to keep in contact with me once he goes back as well.

I really hoped that would happen.

I want to get to know him more.

"I'm home, darling!" I smiled when I heard Aster's teasing voice and I hid the drawing in the drawer before getting up and going to greet him.