big time crush

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

ELLA WASN'T SURE how she got dragged into this, but her and the boys were at the pool, completing one of their many stupid schemes.

Lately, the rest of the group noticed that Carlos has been a little down about never having a real girlfriend, so the boys planned a very overdramatic plan to get him one. Ella didn't necessarily agree with it nor think it would work, but still decided to help, knowing she would be entertained if something went wrong.

Kendall popped out of a bush, wearing a tree hat. He looked at a girl sitting on one of the pool chairs through binoculars.

"This is tree hat. I repeat, this is tree hat," he spoke into a walkie-talkie. "Is everybody in position?"

"Helpless old lady, ready." Logan whispered, dressed like a grandma.

Initially, they asked Ella to do it, but it was a very immediate no.

"Purse snatcher, good to go." James responded, wearing all black with a ski mask.

Ella walked towards the table next to the girl, placing a bouquet of flowers on it. Rolling her eyes, she spoke into the device, "Flowers are locked and loaded."

"Copy that. Operation Get Carlos a Girlfriend is under way." Kendall stated.

Ella and Kendall left their hiding spots and walked over to a fearful- looking Carlos.

"I'm nervous." Carlos said, worriedly.

"This seems like a terrible idea." Ella remarked, holding up her hands in defense when Kendall shushed her.

"No, because girls love heroes." Kendall assured. "So punch out the mugger, give granny her purse back. Then grab the flowers and give them to the pretty girl. And boom! Instant girlfriend."

"Got it." Carlos nodded.

"Good luck, lover boy." Kendall said, patting his back.

Her and Kendall hid behind a bush as the boy let out his signal call, "Caw, caw-caw!"

At this, Logan left his hiding spot behind the cabana, speaking in a high-pitched voice, "Oh, I'm so old and frail, and look, my purse, it's just so full of money."

"Subtle." Ella sighed, thinking about the million ways this could go wrong.

James then came out of nowhere, stealing the purse from Logan as they tugged it back and forth in front of the girl Carlos was trying to pursue. As the "Granny" cried for help, Carlos came forwards, shouting, "I'll save you!" He stood in between them, successfully taking the purse. When the potential girlfriend gave an impressed look, Ella furrowed her brows in surprise, not expecting it to actually work.

"Thank you so-" Before Logan could thank the mysterious hero, he was punched in the face by Carlos who got the plan all mixed up.

Ella winced with Kendall as they watched the scene unfold from the bush.

Picking up the flowers, Carlos handed it to the robber, making Ella and Kendall facepalm. Then, taking the old lady's purse, he presented it to the girl as she let out an ear-piercing scream, running far away from the boy.

"That went well." Ella sarcastically said, stifling a laugh.

"Yeah, we probably should've rehearsed more." Kendall admitted into the walkie-talkie.

━━━━

Ella walked into the apartment, seeing Carlos sulk on the couch, watching a commercial about that new movie, Kiss and Tell.