big time apology

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

THE BOYS WERE tired.

They were tired of the situation that has encapsulated their entire lives, revolving around Ella and Kendall.

It was strange. Three years ago, they were all the best of friends. The group of five, always there for each other, never letting anything faze them. Now, they seemed split, and it wasn't fair to the remaining three boys.

In retrospect, this entire problem shouldn't have affected things so much, but it did. It's been three months since the elevator kiss, since Ella moved out, and two months since the rumors sparked up.

Ella was more annoyed with Kendall than ever and since the two were both remarkably stubborn, neither of them were breaking their angry facade with each other anytime soon.

They avoided eye contact in the studio, turned one another's songs off when it came up on the radio, and Ella was still living with Jo.

No one really understood what was going on with them. They both should've moved on a while ago, considering they were in relationships. Kendall was still dating Lucy and Ella was with Dak. They should've made up already, but there was a tense atmosphere around them.

This really took a toll on the Palm Woods friend group. They used to hang out every single day by the pool or in the crib. But now, Camille and Jo were keeping their distance and was replaced by Lucy and the boys barely saw Ella anymore, in exception to Rocque Records where she would purposely keep herself busy to avoid small talk. Let's just say that things were noticeably different and a little awkward to say the least.

There was that one time where they were all in the rec room for a break and they all tried to clear the tension by playing a game of foosball. It ended with Ella jabbing Kendall in the ribs and him walking away mid-game. Another time was when the four boys were walking in the hallway back in the Palm Woods. They turned the corner and came face-to-face with Camille, Jo, and Ella. The two groups stared at each other before looking at the former couple, who held expressions that were quite unreadable. Ella and Kendall swiftly turned away from each other, leaving their friends who helplessly shrugged at each other before following the two.

And last week, they saw Ella with Dak and his friends and they hated to admit it, but they were jealous. Jealous that they were with Ella. Jealous that her smile was so bright around them. Jealous that they haven't seen that smile when she was with them in so long.

Logan, Carlos, and James wanted things to go back to how they were before. But they knew it was going to be hard, knowing how bad things turned out within those two months. They couldn't blame Ella or Kendall for feeling how they were, but they were sick of it.

One day, the three boys were alone in the crib and James suddenly snapped.

"Okay, is anyone else extremely annoyed as to how things have been lately?"

"Right?" Carlos exclaimed. "I miss how things used to be. The five of us kicking it back in the crib or the pool and actually having fun."

"Yeah, I miss Ella living with us." Logan agreed.

"We need to fix this." James frantically gestured to the three of them.