big time superheroes

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

WHILE ELLA WAS in the midst of completing her second album, she was proud to say that the boys were also almost finished with theirs.

They just had one last song to record.

Ella was in the recording studio with her headphones on as she danced to the guys singing Blow Your Speakers Out.

"So hop in your ride, roll your windows down 'cause tonight's your night get lost in the sound." She looked over at Gustavo who had an expression she couldn't quite read. She really hoped this was the last take. "Got to crank the music loud. Baby, blow your speakers out, blow your speakers out."

Everyone immediately took off their headphones, waiting for Gustavo's reaction.

He pressed the mic, shouting, "Print it!"

At this, the teens all cheered and clapped in relief.

"BTR's new album is complete!" Kendall announced.

"With 12 new songs." Carlos added.

"And a new attitude." James and Logan chimed in, wiggling their fingers together.

"And it's gonna send BTR to new heights. And nobody can stop us!" Gustavo exclaimed, everyone cheering again.

"We need to celebrate." Ella grinned. "I'll go get drinks, so we can do a toast."

"Hurry, you need to be here when we upload the songs to the hard drive." Logan rushed. Ella held up an 'OK' sign, before leaving the room.

As her and Kelly came back in, holding a large bottle of root beer and plastic cups for everyone, she saw the boys surrounding Gustavo on the computer as he dragged the music files over to the disc.

Once all the drinks were poured and in their hands, they all waited in anticipation as the files loaded.

"Come on. Come on," they chanted.

Once the upload was complete, the group broke out into screams, lifting up their cups in celebration.

Gustavo stood up as he announced, "And now we make our ceremonial march to our digital storage room and grab our big time hard drive," the group followed the producer out to the lobby, "and get it to the CD-making place."

"Looking for this?" A deep voice asked, making everyone jump in surprise. Ella furrowed her brows, seeing a man with black sunglasses, dressed in a silver superhero suit with grey feathers on his head and dangling from his arms. Is that who she thought it was?

"Hawk!" Gustavo yelled. "What are you doing here?"

Ella gaped at the man in front of her. The last time she saw him was the night of BTR's first concert where he kidnapped them and got arrested shortly after. From what she heard from Gustavo and Kelly, she could've sworn he had a couple months left in jail.

"And why are you dressed like that?" Logan wondered, looking confusedly at his attire.

"Oh, I'm crazy now," he answered. "And I'm stealing your hard drive to get my revenge."

The group gasped. "Give us that hard drive right now." Kelly demanded.

"No." Hawk stated.

"This looks like a job for...them." James exclaimed, holding up two bandanas, one purple and one yellow. Ella's eyes brightened, but before she could take it, Kendall slapped James' hand down.

"No, it doesn't."

" 'Cause there's seven of us and only one of you." Carlos pointed out.

Hawk chuckled evilly. "Guess again. Hawk Men," he called, making three buff guys wearing black bowler hats and silver beaks come up behind him, as the group slowly backed up in fear. "You know, jail gives you lots of time to design cool henchman costumes and plan cool escapes," he explained, holding up a small silver capsule. "Caw!" He threw it to the floor, making a cloud of smoke appear as the group coughed. Once it cleared up, there was no sign of Hawk or his men anywhere.