big time rescue

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

AFTER HER CONVERSATION with Kendall the other night, Ella had a strange feeling inside of her. She was furious at his constant changes of heart but at the same time, amused. It gave the girl an inappropriate sense of satisfaction where she finally felt like Kendall was getting a taste of his own medicine. For years, she chased him. But now, the tables have turned, and he wanted her.

His persistence was annoying, however. Ever since his confession, he'd been trying to get her alone and on her good side: bringing her coffee, opening doors for her, letting out that stupid half smile. He wanted to prove that he was worth the second chance. Ella wasn't falling for it any time soon.

He admitted that he loved her, that a part of him was missing. But maybe that's what he deserved.

Ella was in the studio singing a new song she wrote. She didn't expect to get in the room and perform it, especially with the guys there, but Gustavo insisted.

Along with a world tour announcement, her new EP called Almost Love, consisting of six songs, was out today as a surprise, but it would be a while before Ella would release anything else. She was just excited that ideas for songs just kept on coming to her.

At least she could thank Kendall for that.

The bluesy riff of the guitar started, then a beat dropped. Ella gripped on to the microphone stand, swaying her hips slightly as she started to sing.

"Told me, told me I'm your only. It's all unfolding, babe. Slowly, slowly, lies you sold me all saw the light of day..."

At this, Kendall's gaze shot up from the floor, staring at his ex-girlfriend who was clearly singing about him.

He had lied to her before, and in an instance, all his lies emerged, exploding like a bomb.

In all honesty, the boy was sending Ella so many mixed signals that she couldn't even keep up. It was exhausting for her, but now with his resurfaced attraction towards her, she couldn't help but want to have some fun with it.

"You've been wasting time on the other side. If you're satisfied, touché. Now you say you hate all the empty space, and if you could go back, you'd stay." It was such a complicated time when the two of them were with different people. She could see now that she and Dak weren't exactly the best fit, but despite what she saw, Lucy and Kendall were definitely not either. Ella would be lying if she said she wasn't surprised by everything he had told her the other night. To her, it came right out of the blue, but little did she know that he had been contemplating this for a while.

The song was slightly sultry, and the beat was strong. Her voice was soft and breathy as she sang. When she reached the chorus, she stared right into his green eyes, confidence radiating off of her in waves. "Didn't think about it when you let me down. Hurts to see me out of your reach, bet you wanna touch me now."