𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

The room was surrounded by a thick atmosphere, it was impossible to have it go by unnoticed.

The way Seungcheol slowly read the pages of information of both him and 'Jeonghan' was dreadful. It caused the usual patient Joshua to wish time would speed up by two. And yet, this wasn't the only reason for why he felt anxious.

The 'devil himself' (according to Seungcheol) kept on glancing his way, looking at him up and down and inspecting every single detail that was on him. This only caused Joshua to sink in his seat and beg everything would be over soon; would end.

And yet, it seems as if his prayers were completely ignored.

"Hey," Jeonghan called out to Seungcheol and the other hummed. "Is this that partner you kept on talking about?"

"Yup"

"Ya, do you know what the hell you got us into?"

"No..?"

"Don't get mad at him Yoon," Seungcheol said before Jeonghan could begin to speak. "Remember you signed everything without even knowing what it was? Well, surprise, he did the same. This just proves how compatible the two of you are"

"Compatible? With him?" He scoffed. "Please, look at him shaking in his spot. A weakling like him is no match for someone like me"

At this, Joshua's eye twitched. 'Who does he think he is?!' He thought. "Sorry, your face just scares me that's all"

Jeonghan smiled. "You're quite the jokester, aren't you?"

"If I'm a jokester then you're the whole damn circus love" He grinned. "If it makes you feel better, you remind me of nothing else but a clown"

"You-"

"Ok, that's enough" Seungcheol clapped his hands and then raised up from his seat. He walked to the front of the desk and leaned against it. "How about we begin with introductions?"

Jeonghan tsked. "Before that, could you please get me out of these? Don't you think you people exaggerated a little with the chaining?"

"No, not at all. Anyways," Seungcheol ignored him. "Yoon Jeonghan this is Hong Joshua, and Hong Joshua this is Yoon Jeonghan. We'll be discussing your crimes first and then about the reason why you're here. Minghao, could you hand me those papers there please?"

"Yes Sir"

Once he had brought them to him, Seungcheol flipped through the pages and cleared his throat. "Hong Jisoo, also known as Joshua Hong. He was born in Los Angeles, California, and have been accused of theft, manslaughter and attempted murder" He looked at him. "Wow"

"Wow indeed"

"That doesn't make you any better Yoon Jeonghan'' Seungcheol clicked his tongue. "Accused of illegal drug distribution, murder, and for causing problems between gangs. This is nothing to be proud of, you know?"

He smirked. "My subordinates were always quite eager whenever I told them about a new job"

"Subordinates?" Joshua asked.

"Ever wondered why we call him a devil here?" He shook his head as Seungcheol glared holes into the one next to him. "One of the most wanted men in Korea at the moment, Yoon Jeonghan, the 'Angel' who leads a gang powerful enough to bring chaos into a whole city. He's a mafioso who has killed many of our men countless times"

"You flatter me too much"

"Flatter? Are your crimes nothing but flattery to you?" He gritted his teeth. "People like you deserve the death penalty to avenge all those lives, heck, even death wouldn't be enough to requite them. Be grateful the upper officials decided to keep you alive for this mission or I would've ended you myself"

He motioned for Minghao to bring more papers, and once they were in his hands, he flipped through them as quickly as he could.

"Since the both of you signed the papers without even reading them, let me go over them first" He spat. "I agree to cooperate in this mission with nothing but honesty, loyalty, and total obedience. All of this in exchange for years of my sentence to be reduced. I-"

"Wait wait wait, what mission?"

"I'm getting there Joshua," Seungcheol said in annoyance. "Oh forget it! Close the windows and please put on the slide show Minghao"

"On it Sir"

He headed over to the desk and clicked a button. Suddenly, all the windows around them were closed shut by a metal barrier that instantly darkened the room. However, a blue light that came from a projector shone from above them all the way to the front where a large screen monitor stood. This immediately began to play a video that started with a loud beep.

"Hello and welcome to the SVT headquarters found in Spain. Here, we stop as well as investigate malicious acts that the police or any other law officials are not able to work with."

Jeonghan snorted. "We call them incompetent from where I come from"

With gritted teeth, Joshua shushed him.

"However, there are times when these kinds of works become too problematic even for us, that's why we need special cases like yourselves to cooperate in certain situations. In exchange, we'll subtract years from your sentences or even get as far as ending your death penalty if you behave throughout it."

"Now as for the mission you've been assigned to, in this instance, there's been many cases of murder and kidnapping events occuring in South Korea at the moment. However, they all lead to multiple killers that we've come to know belong to a criminal organization called 'Luna' originating in Spain. They've not only killed innocents civilians right under our noses, but have also killed many of our man"

The person in the video sighed.

"That's why we need you, Yoon Jeonghan and Hong Joshua, to help in this case. We've been notified that the both of you turned yourselves in to the police for unknown reasons, but we're willing to bite the bullet and allow the two of you out of thousands of other inmates to work on this occasion. Mr. Choi, please continue to explain further. This was Kim Namjoon at your service"

As soon as he said those words, the video turned off, leaving a shocked Joshua behind.

Who would've thought he'd get involved in something as dangerous as this only because of his carelessness?

"So? What do the two of you say?" Seungcheol asked.

But Joshua only looked at the floor as a response. He bit his lip as countless questions rushed through his head, but he didn't know how to answer any of them.

"If it helps you in any way, remember your sentence will be reduced. Joshua, you own 20 to 25 years in prison, and Jeonghan, you deserve the death penalty." He grabbed a water bottle and took a sip. "If I was any of you, I'd take the offer instantly"

But was Joshua willing to risk his life for a mere reduction to his sentence? This he didn't know. Although, the offer did begin to sound more and more tempting as time went by.

Seungcheol raised an eyebrow. "Well?"

Unsure, Joshua took a deep breath and then exhaled. He looked at the other in the eyes and slowly nodded. "I'll..do it"

"Excellent!" He smiled. "What about you Yoon?"

With narrowed eyes, Jeonghan sighed and then looked up. He stretched his neck before he spoke.

"I won't do it"