𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

He spat his drink out.

   "What?!"

   And ignored the face of disgust Seungcheol made when he did so.

   The news about the traitor had just been given. They made his stomach curl; made the muffin that stood before him look unappetizing. In fact, the word had always been a trigger that reminded him of his past, a time in which you can say he was one himself.

   “Shocked much?” Minghao spoke up. “I thought it was normal in the mafia world”

   “It is. That’s why I’m worried” Jeonghan replied. “You see, there’s two kinds of betrayals: the one that is precipitated and the one that is planned. Sure, no one likes to be backstabbed, but I can at least forgive betrayal that is done out of the blue, with a blank mind”

   At this, Joshua raised an eyebrow. “And?” He asked. “Why is that?”

   “Because if the betrayal was planned, then that means that the traitor had been playing with you since the beginning. Trust, love, friendship,” He chuckled. “It was never there in the first place.”

   “Damn..” Minghao muttered. “I had..never thought of it that way”

   “No one does until it’s too late,” Jeonghan continued. “That’s why I wish to find this traitor fast. If we don’t, then who knows what else they have under their sleeve”

   “So? What are you planning to do, boss?” Joshua said as he turned to look at Cheol. “Dress us up and make us dance the hula?”

   The hurried attitude the other was giving made Seungcheol roll his eyes. And with a deep breath he brought out a folder and slid it across to them. Their confused expressions made him sigh. “Open it”

   Reluctantly, Jeonghan did as told and flipped the folder open only to be met with a photo of none other than Sparkle’s right hand man: Hansol Vernon Chwe. At this, all Joshua and Jeonghan could do was glance at each other and then back at Seungcheol, seemingly knowing where this was going.

   “Oh god” Joshua deflated. “You’re not going to make us stalk him or something, right?”

   His imagination made Seungcheol laugh. “Of course not! We have detectives for that!” 

   But even after poking fun, the grin in his lips didn’t disappear. This kept the mafioso and the freak on the edge of their seats.

   “As for you two, we came up with a little something I believe you’ll find fun”

   “Spit it”

   “Hansol Vernon Chwe will have a meeting at a bar known to be associated with the underworld. He’ll be accompanied by colleges from branches most likely belonging to Luna. However, it appears that they’ll have company”

   Joshua frowned. “From who?”

   “From gangs of course,” Jeonghan answered. “If the bar is popular in the underworld then it’ll have all kinds of criminals in there. More specifically gangs. Their purpose? Either have fun or cause chaos, there is no in between”

   “Correct,” Minghao smiled. “That’s why we need to make you two go by unnoticed. Like customers who go there every time a problem emerges at home”

   “In other words, we’ll be disguised, huh?” Joshua grinned. “That doesn’t sound too bad”

   Seungcheol chuckled. “It isn't,” He said with a smile. But then, his voice wavered. “If..you take out the fact that you two will be..um...married”

   .
   .
   .

   “Excuse me wot”

   “Now, now, let me explain-” But before he could even say anything, Jeonghan slammed his hand on the table and yelled.

   He huffed. “Do you really think a beautiful specimen like me would be willing to be that douchebag's husband?!”

   “As much as I don’t want to admit it, I agree with that jerk!” Joshua took a deep breath. “You see, I could never imagine myself being with someone as ANNOYING as him!”

   “HUH?! Then why don’t you make your way over here and say that to my face you bit-”

   “SHUT THE HELL UP!” The loud yell tunthered in the office. A vein popping from Seungcheol’s forehead was visible, and although it brought the mafioso amusement, he didn’t dare giggle.

   “I’ve said it many times before: please. let me. explain!” He took a deep breath. “Look you idiots, we need a reason for why Jeonghan is suddenly depressed and in need of alcohol. What better way than to say he had a fight with his lover? Now, what does Joshua have to do with all this? Well, he can act as if he’s looking all over for his lover while Jeonghan tries to ‘hide’ around in the bar. We believe this type of scenario won’t arise much suspicion from surrounding gangs”

   “And yet, even though you people managed to come up with such a, how should I say it, spectacular fiction plot, you forgot one little detail” Joshua scrunched his nose as he spoke. “Vernon

   “That's where I'm getting at you shit" Seungcheol hissed. "The bar is popular in the underworld, meaning there'll be private rooms in the back for important meetings between members, that's where Vernon and the others will be at"

   "The upper officials believe they're hiding something that'll bring chaos if we don't find out what it is and stop it, so we want you to listen to their conversation and record as much as you can." Minghao added. "It's still not the time to intervene, so we ask of you to take precautions and stay out of their sight"

   "Any questions?"

   Given the opportunity, Joshua raised his hand with a frown plastered all over his face and asked: "How are we going to get closer? To Vernon and his gang I mean" But to his surprise, all he got as a reply was a small chuckle from Cheol.

   "Well," He began. "A very special person will answer that. Why don't you call him in Mr. Xú?"

   "On it"

   Leaving his papers on the table, Minghao headed to the door and opened it wide, revealing behind it a young brunet dressed in an black sweater and a blue apron.

   "He's young" Jeonghan whispered to Joshua, as to which the other nodded in agreement. They then watched the young man walk into the room and stand before them, leaving both geezers extremely confused and perplexed.

   As the brunet bowed, Minghao spoke.

   "This is Lee Chan," He smiled. "Our headquarters engineer"

--------------------------------------------

   First of all, hi V(•‿•)

It's been..what? Three weeks since I last uploaded? For that, I really apologize.

I'll try to upload the next chapter as quickly as I can

As always, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed the chapter~!