𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

"..Wake up"

"In..five more minutes"

"It's 6:45 you sure you don't want to wake up now?"

"..mhm.."

Jeonghan shrugged. "Suit yourself,"

He walked out the door of Joshua's room, headed to the living room and then went out the front door. As he closed the door behind him, he heard Joshua wake up with a scream causing him to burst out in giggles.

To him, the morning had begun more relaxing than he had imagined. The way the sun came through the blinds, the morning breeze touching his body, everything was perfect. Except for the fact he had to wake up early.

Thanks to his racing thoughts last night, he couldn't sleep at all. As a result, he woke up to dark circles surrounding his eyes which had taken him by surprise when he had looked at himself in the mirror. Heck, he had even flinched in terror when he had looked at his reflection.

And yet, all these, the look, the feeling, everything about it was nostalgic. It had been a long time since he had last felt like a zombie.

"Yoon Jeonghan, you've arrived," Minghao said as he walked up to him.

Without knowing, he had reached the first floor and its front doors. Jeonghan felt as if he had teleported.

"Where's Joshua?"

"Running late I guess" He chuckled. "I tried to be a good samaritan and help him wake up but he fell asleep as soon as he opened his eyes. A shame isn't it?"

Minghao pinched his nose bridge in irritation and then sighed. "I'm disappointed but not surprised"

Jeonghan smiled. "I mean, what can you expect from him?"

However, he soon regretted even talking about Joshua in the first place when he suddenly heard an all too familiar voice yell from behind them.

"YA! YOON JEONGHAN!"

"Oh god we summoned him"

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!" Joshua said as he crouched down and tried to catch his breath. "Aren't you supposed to be my roommate?!"

"That's the thing, I'm supposed to be your roommate, not your mom" He grinned. "Guess you'll have to face the consequences now, huh? How about a punishment? Is drinking water from a boiling pot enough to teach you your lesson?"

At this, Minghao sighed. "Why is it that the two of you can never have a proper conversation without being at each other's throat???"

"Well, he's annoying"

"And he's fake"

Surprised, Joshua turned to Jeonghan with a glare. "Now how am I fake!? Out of everyone here you're the plastic one dollface"

"Acting almighty when you're just in fact scared and nervous to death is fake enough to me" He smirked. "How about you stop acting like a brat and begin to show your true colors Joshua Hong? I'm sure they'll be as ugly as you love"

"Why you-"

"And that's where I draw the line, two feet apart at all times you two or I'll make sure to throw you both out that window over there and-" He paused and then stared at them closely.

If Minghao had known they would both be showing up in sweaters and hoodies then he would've dressed them himself.

"Why are you two dressed like that?"

Joshua, who stood wearing a black hoodie and pants only tilted his head in confusion. "Like what?"

"We made ourselves clear when we said we wanted you both in a suit, not in those.. things" He pointed at Jeonghan. "I can understand why Joshua is wearing that since he woke up late, but why are you not dressed up?"

Indeed, Jeonghan was wearing a gray sweater and black skinny pants. To top it all off his hair was a mess causing a big frown to appear on Minghao.

He shrugged. "I couldn't fall asleep"

"You had a bed, ate good food, and even took a shower, how can you not sleep like a baby after all that???"

"Oh I don't know, maybe because it's none of your concern???" He tsked. "Seriously, are you going to explain what we're going to do today or are you going to stand there staring like an idiot all day?"

"..Be grateful your face hasn't touched my fist Yoon Jeonghan"

Joshua sighed. "Now you know why I don't like him?"

"Don't worry my love~ the feeling is mutual~"

"I'm not paid enough to deal with this shit.." MInghao muttered. "Let's just go into the office, I'll be able to explain more about today's mission there"

With a nod, they followed Minghao into a closed room that had an oval table surrounded by chairs in the middle. In front a computer monitor was attached to the wall and the lights on top were sphere shaped.

Without further ado, Minghao walked up to the front and turned on the monitor who immediately showed the picture of a man with dark brown hair. He had prominent features and his visuals were stunning.

As the other two took a seat, Minghao pulled out some papers and then pressed a button that immediately dimmed the lights in the room. He took a chair out and sat down on it as he began to speak.

"The reason why we wanted to have you two ready and dressed in suits was because there'll be a gala tonight at 8. Apparently the host is close friends with Luna's leader which means he'll most likely show up"

Jeonghan raised an eyebrow. "And what if he doesn't?"

"Then we expect the two of you to get as much information as possible from the guests. Besides, the fact that the host is close friends with the leader of a criminal organization is already suspicious enough for us to suspect the gala will be filled with nothing but shady business" He clicked his tongue. "Makes me wonder why the hell did they think it'd be a good idea to do those type of things in broad daylight"

"Now, pay close attention to the face on the screen" He pointed at it. "This is Hansol Vernon Chwe, the leader's right hand man and bodyguard. We've been notified he's very skilled in close combat but lacks expertise in fire arms"

"In other words we need to evade him as much as we can," Jeonghan grinned. "This doesn't sound as hard as I thought"

"The things I've said until now are merely the side dishes to the main dish" Minghao clicked a button and another face showed up. "The man you now see on screen is the one you should really look out for. He's the leader of the organization and a threat worldwide"

Joshua arched an eyebrow. "And what do you want us to do?"

"We want you to get as close as possible to him without attacking. As much as the gala might be filled with nothing but criminals there may be civilians there as well who have no idea about what will be going on around them" Minghao sighed. "From now on you must remember, the civilian's well being is by far more important"

"And..what's his name?" Joshua frowned. "Besides, how will we know that's him?"

"Oh you'll know," He tsked. "After all, he's the one and only Wen Junhui"

-------------------------------------

Question: is the way I'm writing too formal?? And are the chapters too long?? Please let me know ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter (*'ω`*)