𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

The door slammed open.

   Jun who stood behind it received the impact straight to the face, which prevented him from noticing the black haired male that walked past him with quickened steps.

  "Joshua..." Jeonghan whispered. "How did you-"

   But to his surprise, his sentence was cut off by a loud slap. And with gritted teeth, the one who had caused the commotion glared holes onto Jeonghan, who stood there with an aching cheek and a very perplexed expression.

   "Do you know how worried I was?!" He began. "I can't believe it! How did you even get yourself kidnapped in the first place?!" 

  "..Kidnapped?" Jeonghan frowned. “And where did you get that from?”

   “MInghao, who else?!” Not even seconds later, realization became present on his face. Joshua placed a hand over his mouth in shock and widened his eyes. "Oh god did they also hit you in the head or something?! Now we need to get even more medications to cure your lack of brain cells and amnesia!" 

  At this, Jeonghan rolled his eyes. "You know, you didn't have to come all the way out here just to be an annoying ass, love"

   “Now that you mention it...I really didn’t” He glanced towards the table and frowned. “If I had known you would be out here drinking wine with sparkles over there then I wouldn't have had even bothered looking all over for you”

   ‘Looking all over..?’ Jeonghan scoffed. “Yeah right, like if you would care”

   At this, Joshua widened his eyes as disbelief came over him. “..Seriously?”

   “Seriously what?”

   “And here I thought that by the end of Seungcheol's awful speech it’d finally get across your pretty little brain” With a deep breath, Joshua met Jeonghan’s eyes and maintained his stance as he spoke, refusing to back away.

   “I am your partner, Yoon Jeonghan. Have been since I was tricked into this hell. And as much as I don’t want to admit it, I’m more than willing to jump into danger if I get to save your sorry ass”

   A second passed, then another.

   “..Eh?” Was all Jeonghan could mutter, still lost in his thoughts. 

   The tone he'd used was unfaced, laid back and calm. As if the words he'd just spouted were a mere 'good morning'.  

   But even though his tone wasn't the best for the situation, it wasn't hard to tell he was serious; that Joshua was serious.

   This only made Jeonghan realize that, although he’d just said them, the freak had kept true to his word. He jumped straight into the mouth of danger just to mock Jeonghan and give him a piece of his mind.

   But Jeonghan, who only stared at the other's back as he walked away, found himself refusing to accept them. 

   Countless times he’d been backstabbed, thrown into the dirt and abandoned. And although it was Joshua making that promise, he wouldn’t let himself get hurt one more time in his pathetic cycle he called life. Dragging someone away with him to hell would only repeat the past all over again. And the mere thought of having to face it all once more was enough to bring a shiver down his spine.

   So with a sigh, he followed Joshua to the entrance and muttered under his breath. "...You're crazy"

   There was a hint of bitterness in his tone. Only the stupid would let it go by unnoticed.