Chapter 4: Illusion

Matteo King

Matteo King

"Leave" I zip up my pants as the whore gathers her clothes from the ground. Taking some money out of my wallet, I throw it at her. "T-thank you," fucking bitch thinks she can talk to me. I pull her hair making her look at me, "Did I ask you to speak?" she flinches under my tone, bringing me amusement. "I asked you a fucking question and I suggest you answer?" grasping my gun, I drive it onto the side of her skull. 

"n-no," she quivers in my hold. These whore's only come to pleasure me for my needs, nothing more. They know not to cross the line and the consequences of doing so. In fact, the fucking world knows the evil that courses through my veins. I don't have fucking time for sympathy or love. 

Love? 

love is just something that eats away your sanity, leaves you with an inferiority complex and fills you with jealousy...and bitterness. Love is a fucking illusion. Nothing more than that. Anyway, it has fucking nothing to do with me as it's only weakness. So many people are just fucking naive and pathetic to think that love is worth fighting for. 

"LEAVE," Letting go of my firm grip on her hair, she snatches her stuff and the money running out of my office. Grinning, I lean back in my armchair, lighting a cigar.  I stopped looking for monsters under my bed when I realised it's inside me. 

My phone vibrates in my pocket, seeing it's Diego, I answer it. 

"Matteo." Normally I cut the persons tongue and feed it to the dogs for addressing me by my name but Diego. Diego is my right-hand man. He is my brother even though we're not of the same blood.

"Cut to the chase." I puff the cigar one last time before putting it out. 

"The arrangements are ready for the contract to be signed" I have been negotiating with the Mexicans for a while. Commonly my mafia buys their gun's in exchange for money or drugs. I'm very fucking powerful. Provoking or angering me would be the worst decision one does. People fear me not just because of my power but for my lack of sympathy. 

"Prepare the meeting, I'll be there" With that, I hang up the phone, taking a quick shower before leaving for the meeting. 

I finally reach the smoggy city, some of my men accompanying me as normal. All these buildings, sky-scrapers belonged to me. No fucking partnership, just me. Every single person in this world is the same. Consumed by greediness. Yes, I acquire whatever I lay eyes but I'm not hungered by selfishness. Instead, I'm motivated by ambition. I am prepared to work and strive for my desires. 

 My driver comes and open's the door, holding an umbrella over my head due to the heavy rain. Worthless pedestrians route for cover. I text Diego, that I've arrived before placing my phone back in my pocket and fixing my coat. 

 I was about to leave when my eyes lay on her. Her sculpted fragile figure which was twine-thin was sprinting into the thick rain. The odd girl spun in the middle of the street with what looked like delight. She tilted her head back feeling the rain against her pale light caramel skin, smiling. Her fucking smile is more radiant than a thousand suns. Her laughter crashing over me like waves.