Chapter 7: Game

Matteo King 

Matteo King 

I Lean back in my office chair with a glass of whiskey in my hand, looking at her photo. I couldn't prevent myself from thinking about her. I don't know fucking why. When I saw her in the dress. So elegant and pure. It made me evaluate whether she was a whore. Her skin was more radiant than ever and she has always been tempting, her look ennobles the world view and her aroma ashamed the most fragrant flowers.

She was beautiful, but not like her whore of a cousin. She was beautiful for that sparkle in her eye's whenever she looked up. Her lips were red as glittering ruby's and her soft chocolate colour hair, It was so fucking seductive. All I desired to do was to run my hands through her indulgent curls. 

More than anything, her features devoured me. Every time she observed me for too long she would blush the most tender pink. There is a streaking wild quirkiness that she is hiding which makes her beyond dazzlingly attractive. Her eyes. Her fucking eyes were the kind of green that speaks to the soul of nature, of fresh wands of grass and new buds, and her eyes were that bright colour, bold and beautiful.

When she walked in smiling with Diego, a wave of jealousy coursed through my veins. For some fucking reason I wanted to be the only one to make her smile. All I could do was watch her from a distance. Her each and every movement and gesture. I ignored Peters fucking babbling and concentrated on the tears that slipped her eyes. 

She looked so puzzled, acts so fucking innocent. When I called her a whore, her expression changed as if she was hurt.

What I didn't expect was her slapping me. Her gentle soft hands didn't even fucking affect me. When I gazed at her reaction she was also stunned but the fear was evident on her beautiful face. If it weren't for anyone, I would've snapped the person's hand in half. 

Why the fuck is she playing with my head.

Drowning the last bit of whiskey, I make my way to my room. The whole night was fucking restless. The next morning, I got dressed and got ready for my usual mass of work waiting for me in my office. "Matteo, there is someone outside the gates wanting to talk to you," I can't be bothered to handle anyone right now. 

"Tell them to leave. If they don't, you know what to do," I continue to make my way to my office.

 "It's an old lady and she says something about Annika. The girl from last night." I freeze, clenching my jaw at the mention of her name. 

"Bring her to my office," Diego nods leaving. I was curious about what she has to say about Annika. 

My little kitten. 

After a few minutes, an old lady walks into my office, escorted by Diego. "Speak," she nods. 

"I am a maid in the Garcia mansion. A-Annika is in trouble," What the fuck does she mean in trouble. For all I know this could be a trick, I'm not fucking stupid. 

"continue," I lean back. What if she actually needs help. Fuck. If she needed help then why doesn't she ask her little boyfriend? "Her uncle is not treating her right--," I cut her off, chuckling. 

"So she's having uncle issues and you're wanting my help," I rub my temples wondering whether to believe the nonsense that's coming out of her mouth. 

"Sir it's not what you thin--," I don't have time for this bull shit. 

"Leave!," I cut her off not wanting to hear her voice. 

"Please sir she--" 

"Do you want me to repeat myself?" I glare at Diego to kick her out and he quickly pulls her arm.

"Please, sir!" those were her last words before Diego dragged her out. I was fucking left confused. It's not important to me, I shouldn't care. I have another contract coming up and that's what I should be focusing on, not some foolish, pitiful girl who has issues. 

"Matteo, I have a feeling that she isn't lying" I look up clenching my jaw. 

"It's a game," Leaning back into my chair. 

"Invite her and Peter over and play their game," I'm gonna get a headache from this bull shit. 

"And why the fuck would I do that." 

"Because then it's clear whether the old lady is telling the truth and plus I see the way you look at her. Clearly--" 

"If you finish that sentence, I will rip your tongue out" 

"Ok jeez. I'm just saying." 

"Fine, get out of my office and arrange a meeting for next week."

"What about the old lady, we can't leave her out there" Why the fuck does he have to be such a softie. 

"She can work at the mansion in the meantime," he nods, leaving my office. I spin the glass of whisky in my hand as her eyes cover my thoughts. Let's play your little game, kitten.

 Let's play your little game, kitten