Chapter 35: Heart

Annika Remo

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Annika Remo

There are a lot of things to consider. If there was ever to be peace in the world, or if the violence that began and continues to grow would ever come to an end. So many things that might be stopped but aren't for a variety of reasons that may go on indefinitely. I wish there was a way to rewrite one's own destiny, deciding what should and shouldn't happen, but that is strictly unethical. Still, having the option to pick and make assumptions about who to fall in love with and who to call family is a blessing. Those things, those insignificant things, may transform the world, but I am aware that, while they may teach us valuable lessons, they may also spread greed and hatred throughout the already gloomy world. If only...there were more hours in the day. If only...the truth were not hidden in lies.

However, I am aware that acknowledging the good you already have in your life is the cornerstone of all abundance. When I hear Aiden's little footsteps, I break out of my thoughts. I turn around and bend down to his level, smiling. These cuties have been with me for two days in total, and I'm going to miss every second of them running around, crying, giggling, and, most importantly, their warm hugs.

"Ready to go outside?" I take his little hands in mine and squeeze them together. I promised them we'd go outdoors since they hadn't seen the backyard, which is, in my opinion, the coolest part of the entire estate.

I'm concerned since he doesn't respond and merely stares down. My heart hurts as I watch his tears pouring down his cheeks. I lean my head to the side to get a clear glimpse of his countenance. I gently lift his chin, causing him to glance up at me. "What's the matter, Aiden?" I run my hand through his hair, checking to see if he's harmed.

"I-I don't want to l-leave," I pull him into a hug to which he also responded. Children don't ask to be born. It is a choice that the parent makes to bring them into this world. However, some of them refuse to accept this duty and instead choose to waste the lives of others who are innocent.

"I'm not going to abandon you, Aiden. I'll pay you a visit every day, and you're welcome to come over at any time." He takes a careful whiff. As a young child, he is incredibly strong, compassionate, and intelligent. All of them deserve a proper home, even him. But I can't give them that since I'm on the black list, and doing so would put them at much greater risk.

"But why can't we stay with you." I want them to stay, with my whole heart.

"Aiden, you can't---," he pulls away wiping his tears.

"It doesn't matter, no one wants us anyway." My heart shatters at his words, I never in a million years want him to think that why. I went to reply when he just turned around and started running out of my room.

"Aiden," I run after him and he quickly goes into a restroom and locks the door on himself.

"Please, Aiden, unlock this door so that we can talk." I lean against the door, waiting for him to open it, but he never does. His tiny heart must be hurting. When Ruby sees me, she is alarmed, but she immediately understands when she hears me mouthing Aiden's name.

My Quiet Placeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें