Chapter 45: Mother

Annika Remo

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Annika Remo

It's so strange how people can go from people you know to people you don't and there is nothing you can do.

"Truth is everybody is going to hurt you; you just got to find the ones worth suffering for," I reply softly while I stroke his hair to calm him down.

What I learnt while falling in love with Matteo; is that it's like holding a candle. Initially, it lights up the world around you. Then it starts melting and hurting you. Finally, it goes off and everything is darker than ever and all you are left with is the burns.

The silence was the only thing keeping me sane because everything right now is a mess. My hand slowly slips from Diego's face and my hair becomes curtains. As I feel his head resting on my shoulder fast asleep from extortion.

"I'm sorry" I close my eyes and it's like a dark paradise. Whispering those words, hoping that he would listen. I couldn't help feeling this is all my fault. Maybe if I wasn't that weak I could have stopped all this myself.

There is no release from all this madness.

Swallowing my lips to try to suppress the tears. I don't want to wake him up.

But mostly because seeing him hurt like this...I can't tolerate it. It's so selfish of me but I can't. I don't know how to answer any of his questions.

The ringing sound of the gun is still vibrating through my ears. I glanced down at my hands and all I could see was dirt and blood. Nothing is as painful to the human mind then as a sudden change.

There are moments when I wish I could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have a feeling that If I did, the joy would be gone as well.

"Annika. My brother has a reason for this. Trust the process." I hear Diego whispering in my ear before the bedroom doors open and a few men enter.

What is he saying? Why have so many secrets?

Gently I help the men place him on his bed. "We will change his clothes and his bandages. Miss don't worry. You need rest," as much as I didn't want to leave, I needed answers from Matteo.

Was all this an act?

It can't be. He should have told me. I just feel like there is more to the story than Matteo being angry at Diego for the whole car thing.

I sat in the room waiting for Matteo so I can face him. I want to know everything. No more hiding. No more secrets.

The bedroom door opens and automatically my hands tighten around the bed sheets. Breath Annika. My glossy eyes met his dark ones as I finally got up to face my fears.

Come on speak Annika. Tell him. Ask him.

"I want an explanation—" before I could say another word his hand was on my mouth stopping me from saying another word.

My Quiet Placeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें