Chapter 33: Flour

Annika Remo:

Annika Remo:

As I finally held him, my gaze never left his. His long arms circled me, making their way around my back. My body pressed into his, concealing my face in his neck and shutting my eyes, completely melting from his warmth. One of the best feelings in the world is when you're hugging someone you care about and they embrace you back even tighter. It's the most beautiful kind of communication because it lets the other person know without a doubt that they matter.

I've never fallen in love right away. I'm afraid of saying I love him too soon since it means so much to me. It indicates that things aren't coming to an end, but what if he treated me differently because of those three words?

Sometimes it's better to put love into hugs than to put it into words.

When I hear a knock on the door, I gently pull away. "Miss Annika, breakfast" On the positive side, breakfast is the best part of the day.

"All happiness is dependent on an amazing breakfast," I reply, cheerfully smiling and peering into his eyes. He just chuckles. He makes my heart beat faster and harder and I'm totally addicted to that feeling. Waiting is a sign of true love and patience. Anyone can say I love you, but not everyone can wait and prove it's true. 

I didn't realise I was straddling him until my cheeks began to heat up. Matteo runs his thumb across my temples, and I close my eyes and sink into his touch. The terrible part about distance is that you never know if they'll change or if something will happen. Yes, it's only a week, but there are so many things that may go wrong in that week that will change everything, and I'm not ready to let him go.

He inches closer to my lips as my breath was uneven and my heart was loud enough for him to hear. Just when he was about to connect his lips to mine, there was another knock on my door. I give him a toothy smile while Matteo look's irritated and angry at whoever knocked. "Don't answer" I shake my head disagreeing with him. 

"It might be important" I whisper. 

"Come--" Before I could finish, his lips were on mine, kissing me. I felt the rush of powerlessness, the lowering surrendering, the swelling wave of warmth that sent me limp once again. His relentless mouth parted my trembling lips, sending wild vibrations up and down my spine, triggering feelings I had never realised I was capable of feeling. 

"Annika, I'm going to come in---" WHAT. I pushed away immediately, tumbling to the ground as the door opened. Diego irritates me, and I rub my forehead. Matteo lifts me up, his jaw clenched, as he examines me for injuries.

"You would have already died by now if it hadn't been for Annika." Matteo's eyes darkened as he glared at Diego. Diego remained still, glancing between me and Matteo. As he examined me, he raised his brow with a nasty smile on his face. 

"I see why you didn't respond now," he winks at me, and I look at him, stunned and perplexed. Why does he have such a dirty mind?

Control your anger, Annika