Chapter 1

Hello, this is the first chapter of my first book... ;) Please read, vote, and comment, and tell others to read too... Thanks! <3 I know, One Direction doesn't have part yet, but Liam will in the next chapter, I promise, and it will get better and better! ;) So here it is... Oh, and it's dedicated to my first fan, thanks so much! :)

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

10 YEARS LATER

 "Beep... beep... BEEP... BEEP!..." I heard my alarm go off.

"Okay, okay, I'm up!" I said and stopped the alarm. I held it right infront of myself to see the time, but I just couldn't make my eyes open. My mum made me stay up real late and write her bio and all for a new job. But it was no use. Even though I always wrote her application form just perfect, no one ever wanted her, because you only had to take one look at her, and saw that she took drugs and even drunk every now and then. She didn't have a job for about five years now, and we lived out of the little money I earned in Starbucks that I worked in.

I slowly opened one eye and looked at the time, but a second later both my eyes were wide open and I jumped out of bed.

"I must be in Starbucks in twenty minutes!" I said to myself and ran to the bathroom to get dressed up quickly. Yeah, I was still only seventeen and a student, but I worked an hour before school too, and five hours after to earn more money.

I ran down the stairs now fully dressed, grabbed an apple from the kitchen for breakfast, picked up my school bag, and headed for Starbucks, humming One Thing from One Direction. Yeah, just like most of the girls in my age, I fell for them too, listening to their music all the time, fangirling over their newest pics, and crying when one of them had a new girlfriend.

„Lacie!" someone shouted from the living room, before I could open the door. Oh no, that was my mum! I ran to her wide eyed, afraid of what she'll ask from me now.

„Yeah, mum?" I asked.

„Where are you going now?" she asked, barely able to open her eyes. She was drunk, I could see that. I stepped back a little, afraid that she'll do something she wouldn't when she isn't drunk. Last time she drank she hit me so hard, that my arms and face we're green and blue for a week. I could hardly hide it with make up and my hair. I was thankful though, it wasn't my eye. It would've been harder to hide it there.

„Umm... I was heading to work, actually... then school?" I said a bit scared.

„Won't you even give me a goodby kiss before you leave?" she asked. I wasn't sure if she really only wanted a kiss, or if she wanted something else, but I went there and gave her a little kiss on the cheek she held to me.

„Mum... I really have to hurry now, I'll be late..." I said, really wanting to get away from her.

„You don't have to hurry..." an angry expression showed on her face suddenly." You just want to get awy from me! You hate me! You hate me because of the life I gave you!"

„N-no..." I trembled, but she slapped my face. I winced in terror.

„I'm your mother! I have bigger problems than you, you know that?! Your father ruined our life! It's not me you must hate, it's your father!" she spat in my face, then said disguistedly" I never even really wanted you... But I'm your mother, you must love me! You must love me! Say that you love me!" she shouted.

„I-I... l-love... you..." I quickly whispered before she could do anymore harm to me.

„That's my sweet girl..."she whispered and quickly pulled me into a hug. I felt her tears trickle down my face. I was trembling.