Chapter 12

Hello everyone! :) Thank you for all the nice comments, they really make my day. :) <3 Also, please always vote, don't forget that, and go back and vote for the chapters you didn't too, thanks. :) At first I always dedicated my book to someone, but now I never know who to. So the next chapter will be dedicated to the first person who comments on this chapter. :)

And... please don't kill me, but Liam isn't in this chapter so you'll have to wait a bit more with your Payzer questions... :P

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 12

Lacie’s POV

It was my birthday that day. My eighteenth birthday. A day every girl celebrates the happiest. The day of freedom. The day of joy. Well, it wasn’t to me. Before I always celebrated my birthday with Lily, and sometimes with my friends in Starbucks. But this year I didn’t have Lily. I didn’t have any friends. I talked to Amanda sometimes, who got really different the last few weeks, after Lily stole popularity, then her boyfriend from her. But she wasn’t really a best friend to me. She said happy birthday to me in school, which made me feel a bit happier, but everything changed when I got home.

I was walking home from school, watching my feet and kicking stones, then watching them land somewhere else. As usual. When I got to my house I automatically looked up, I didn’t have to watch the house (I lived there all my life and knew exactly when our house came, I could’ve even be blind) and I wanted to walk in, but what I saw froze me.

Men in uniforms walked in and out of our house carrying everything out. Tables, chairs, everything.

I ran to the door and tried to stop them.

„Wait, stop! What are you doing?! This is our house! Stop!” All of them ignored me until finally one of them stopped infront of me.

„Your house has been sold in auction” he told me.” Haven’t you got a letter telling you so? You probably didn’t pay the rent for a long time” he shrugged and went off.

I just stood there shocked. Yes, I remembered we got lots of letters warning us to pay. But no letters saying it was that bad. It probably got lost. Or my mum saw it but didn’t tell me. Or was too drunk to understand.

I ran from one man in uniform to the other begging for at least a few days more, but all I got was that I can unpack my room quickly.

I ran up the stairs and shut the door furiously. Where was my mother now? Where was she when I needed her? Where was she?! Why couldn’t she get her own pay so we wouldn’t be in this situation?! I believed it was hard, but bad things happen to everyone and she could’ve put herself together if she wanted.

I perssed my hands to my mouth to hold back bursting into tears. My throat was hurting from holding back so much tears but I didn’t mind anymore. I heard the people pack downstairs and didn’t want them to think I was weak. But I was. I never was a strong girl, although I tried to show it. My aunt’s death haunted me all my life and made me weak. Whatever happened to me I always eneded up thinking about her. Tears ran down my cheeks. I tried not to think of what just really happened. With us being homeless and without work and everything now...

I took out my bags from under my bed and started to pack my things in them when my phone buzzed.

I got a text from Emma:

Don’t forget. 6 pm in Starbucks.

Oh, yes. They probably made me a surprise birthday party. Well, it wasn’t really a surprise, because I knew they made me something and they knew I did too. Oh gosh, how am I going to tell them? I won’t tell them. I can’t. They’d be so sad. Maybe only Emma. Maybe she’d let me work more in Starbucks and maybe even sleep there sometimes. I realized again that I don’t have any relatives or friends except my mum.