Three

"Prince Wilhelm, it's time to wake up" one of the life guards yelled from outside the dorm.

Wilhelm was laying in bed, still in his clothes from the day before.

"Yeah yeah I'm coming" he got out half asleep.

He wiped away the drool from his cheek and sat on the edge of his bed for a while, contemplating whether breakfast was necessary at all. He came to the conclusion that he couldn't avoid human interaction for too long. He couldn't avoid Simon for too long. He got up and put on clean clothes. When he got out of his room he saw some familiar guys down the hallway and caught up to them, not wanting to walk alone and therefor raising the chances of having to talk to Simon.

"Hey guys" Wilhelm said as he had ran up to them.

"Hey Wille" a guy called Henry said. He way one of the boys who had been too hooked on becoming friends with Wilhelm that he couldn't have his own opinion on things.

The other guys: Walter, and Oscar greeted him as well. Wilhelm wasn't in love with the idea that these were his only 'friends' but after what happened the last term he didn't feel comfortable hanging with the third years. It could also be good to get some friends his age since the third years were graduating that term. So he kept a good tone walking into the breakfast hall. The others took their seats around the table leaving only one spot open. With Wilhelm's luck anyone could guess who was sitting in front of him.

Why was he just standing there, ignoring Simon. And what about yesterday. Simon had dismissed it and thought he was just really tired but by the way he was acting now it felt off. He knew that he had told Wilhelm they couldn't be together if it had to be a secret but it didn't mean they couldn't be friends. He was becoming terrified with the thought of Wilhelm chosen his prince life and moved on. Simon could not believe it fully. What person could go from saying "I love you" to deciding not to even talk. And after what happened in the chapel yesterday Simon couldn't be sure of how he himself felt about it all. He needed to but up boundaries, but Simon didn't think want to keep Wilhelm out of his life. They could be friends without having to cross those boundaries, right?

Simon tried desperately to catch Wilhelm's eyes during the entire breakfast but he just kept his head down. When breakfast was done he hurried out the hall. Simon ran after. It became sort of like a chase. Wilhelm kept running and so did Simon.

"Wilhelm please stop. We need to talk" Simon yelled after him. Wilhelm didn't stop but kept going outside.

Simon had been chasing Wilhelm for a good 500 meters when Wilhelm suddenly stopped and turned around.

"I can't" he began crying out. Simon kept quiet waiting for more.

"I can't just be friends. I want more. I need more. And before you ay something- I know we can't, because of what you told me, but I can't just be with you without hugging you, or kissing you or-" Wilhelm was interrupted by Simon.

"You have to, cause I need you" Simon said back with his voice cracking up.

"I just can't" Wilhelm said before walking back to the school.

Simon was left outside, crying.

"Simon, what the he'll are you doing out here in the cold without a jacket?" A familiar voice shouted from afar. Simon turned around to see Sara and Felice walking. They both ran up to him and embraced him seeing how broken down he was.

"What did he say?" Sara said in an upset voice

"It's not his fault, it's mine. It's just all because of that stupid thing I said" Simon said

"You know you did the right thing. You can't be anyone's secret. You're a star huh?" Sara said trying to put a smile on Simon's face. It was kind of successful. He had stopped crying at least.

"So you want to be with him" Felice who had been quiet up till now asked.

"Of course"

"Well then he's an idiot for giving you up" she said cheering him up.

"Can you blame him though?" Simon started

"I just get sad thinking of how his future is gonna be, whether it's me or someone else. Is he gonna give in and marry some princess?" Simon finished.

"He's gonna have to be brave. And we should help him with that, right" Sara said

"I guess" Simon answered before standing up and walking back to the building with Sara and Felice.

He couldn't breath. His heart massage wasn't working, neither was opening his window. This was his worst anxiety attack so far. It felt like he was having a heart attack. Wilhelm just kept reassuring himself that it would pass and that it wasn't dangerous. All he could do was to breath and wait for it to pass but it wasn't so easy when all he could think of was his inevitable miserable future. Whatever he does he will be forced to make a choice which will hurt him in some way.

When the anxiety had died down he got ready for class, ironic right? Having to go to class after feeling like he was about to die. Nevertheless in class he was about 15 minutes later, listening to his social science teacher talking about economy. It was not his favorite. Though most of the other guys seemed to love it. It was almost laughable how engaged they were in the subject.

Wilhelm had sat himself down in the front of the classroom to avoid looking at Simon. After class he went to lunch, also there avoiding Simon. Kind of ridiculous actually when he thinks of it, but he didn't want to talk to him right there and then. Wilhelm needed time.

His thoughts were interrupted when everyone around the table began chanting 'august on the table' over and over again until he stood up on the table.

"Sara, first year" he said proud.

Wilhelm's eyes searched for Simon's. They looked at each other. Shocked maybe, betrayed as well.

August sat down looking like he was happy with himself. Wilhelm understood that he had done it just to piss Simon off. And pissed off he was.

Simon stood up and started walking towards August. You could feel his anger radiate in the entire hall. Wilhelm wanted to stand up and stop him but felt that whatever August was getting, he probably deserved.

—————————

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading and giving feedback. I'm writing kind of short chapters so I can update more often but what do you think of that? Longer and fewer updates, or shorter and more updates?