Four

August that mother fucker. Simon was boiling inside. He had destroyed his and Wilhelm's relationship and now he was using Simon's sister. Simon could feel all the eyes in the room on him as he walked towards the biggest jackass in the history of humanity. But when Simon looked at him he had that big grin on his face. He wanted to see Simon mess up. So Simon did what was right, as always. He simply walked passed August without picking a fight. He could feel the room release its breath that it had been holding. The suspense was gone but Simon's anger far from it.

Simon walked to his dorm, deciding that spending his lunch break alone was better than having to endure the humiliation of walking back inside that dining hall. He was hungry though. And he missed his moms cooking already. Everything here was so Swedish.

He heard a knock on the door. When he opened it no one was out there. The only thing there was a plate of food with a note.
|———————————————|
| i thought you would be         |
|   hungry                                    |
|____________________|

Simon knew who had written it. Might it have been a sort of peace offering from earlier that day? Whatever it was Simon was thankful for it. This really showed how well Wilhelm knew him. Simon was always hungry.

_________________________
Wilhelm
12.16
Simon: hey, thanks for the food
Wilhelm: no worries. I know you get hungry.
  And sorry about Sara
Simon: it's alright. Just hate August...
Wilhelm: tell me about it lol

_________________________

Simon couldn't help but feel a kind of safety when he talked to Wilhelm. Maybe they could be friends after all.

Next class, math, started in 10 minutes so Simon had to basically throw the food down his stomach. When he was done he made his way to the classroom. He was one of the first people there and didn't feel like sitting next to the ones there so he sat by an empty table. He took out his phone and scrolled on Instagram.

"Can I sit here?" Wilhelm asked

"Sure" Simon said back

"How was the food?" Wilhelm asked

"Cold, but I was hungry and in a hurry so I ate it all in like a minute. I honestly feel like I'm about to puke" Simon said half laughing

"Hahah no way. Sorry about that. We're not allowed to take food out of the hall so I had to be sneaky" Wilhelm laughed

"No, thank you, really. It was nice of you" Simon smiled at Wilhelm.

Wilhelm was about to say something before the teacher came into the room and they had to stand up. All Simon could think was how nice it had been to talk to Wilhelm again. After all they had been so close for multiple months and to go from that to ignoring each other felt weird. Simon had missed him.

—-

Wilhelm couldn't focus during that math class. He was just sitting there, pretending to be reading something, and smiling. He was happy Simon and him were friends again. It was like a burden had lifted from his shoulders. Although Wilhelm knew the burden and the problem was still there. For now he couldn't care less.

He would sneak a few glances at Simon once in a while. He would smile back at Wilhelm.

The rest of the week went by. Wilhelm and Simon had been speaking like before and managed to hold to the boundaries set up. There had been some fight between Felice and Sara because of what happened with August. But apparently they had made up  and were friends again. Wilhelm liked the idea of people beginning to turn against August. His moral compass is as previously discovered wrecked in pieces.