Nineteen

Sara and Felice hadn't told anyone about their relationship after the parent lunch. Everyone just understood. Some might have heard about it. Most people probably just got the drift. Even before they got together they acted like a couple. They would laugh about it sometimes.

(Sorry for interruption but keep in mind I wrote this while listening to Cherry Wine by Hozier)

It was Tuesday morning and they were laying in Sara's bed. They were about to be woken up by whoever was on 'duty' but Felice didn't care about sneaking out to her room. All the girls already knew and no one ever questioned them sleeping in the same room anymore.

*message from Wilhelm*

~Hey! I am throwing a surprise party for Simon this weekend and would love it if you could come~

"Did you get the message?" Felice asked and showed Sara her screen.

"Yeah" Sara said after looking at her phone.

"Do you think he'll like it?" Felice asked.

"I don't know. I think so. It's Wilhelm so I guess so" Sara responded.

They got ready for school and on the way to the dining hall they met a familiar face.

"Hey guys" Wilhelm said. It looked like he had seen them from a window and hurried outside. He was wearing his shirt inside out and a heel outside his shoes.

"Hi Wilhelm. You in a hurry?" Felice asked laughing.

"No... not at all" Wilhelm said in a unsure way. Felice pointed to his shirt and he loosened up a bit.

"Did you get my text?" He asked.

"Yeah. Sounds fun" Sara said.

"Okay good. I'm pretty nervous about it. It kind of needs to be good" Wilhelm said.

"Don't be. Whatever you do he'll like" Sara said which made Wilhelm smile and drop his head a bit.

"Yeah so what I was gonna ask was if you guys could help me a little on Saturday?" Wilhelm asked and was met by enthusiasm.

"Okay thanks. So what we're gonna do is-" Wilhelm started but was interrupted by intense looks pointing behind him. He turned around and saw Simon.

"What are 'we gonna do'?" Simon asked and Wilhelm couldn't move. He was still and didn't say a word.

"Wille was telling us how you guys are going on a birthday picnic this weekend" Felice said convincingly.

"We are?" Simon said in a surprised and excited voice.

"Well it was supposed to be a secret" Wilhelm said and looked at Felice very thankful for her quick thinking.

Simon kissed Wilhelm on the cheek before insulting his outfit and later parting with the girls, heading to breakfast.

Invitations had been sent to pretty much the whole school, except for all the douchebags, August included in that category. When they walked into math that morning everyone looked at Simon in a gossiping way. Wilhelm wanted to put his hand on his forehead and sigh at their obviousness but didn't. Simon didn't seem to catch on anyway. He might have gotten used to it after all that had happened.

When they were allowed to be seated the teacher gave out the latest tests. Wilhelm was feeling a bit nervous after having to make up for all the work before he came and then write a new test. He looked at his paper. A.

Simon sat beside him. A-. He looked happy. Maybe those private lessons had helped after all. Even if it was great Wilhelm couldn't help but get a feeling. It was something he had felt since he was little. I was hard to explain. The closest thing might be pity, but not quite. It was more a feeling of not deserving what came his way. This feeling grew stronger as he looked over to Simon's test. He had gotten almost all of them right. Wilhelm had missed some. Wilhelm didn't mention it.

"How far is it?" Simon asked Wilhelm who was leading Simon through the small forest close to the school.

The sun was shining and blowing on Simon's skin. He was seventeen that day. Wilhelm had been told many times that they were too young to know love. He found this upsetting, especially after Erik's passing. How could anyone know what tomorrow is, if there even is a tomorrow? Wilhelm had a feeling that, if there were tomorrows, he would want to spend every single one with Simon.

"Okay close your eyes" Wilhelm said while they approached a opening of the trees. Simon closed them.

"I know you're peaking" Wilhelm said as if to show Simon's hopelessly impatient and curious mind.

"I already know it's a picnic" Simon said annoyed.

Wilhelm put his hands on Simon's eyes and led him to a picnic planked on the ground. There was a basket with food in, and a bouquet was laying next to it.

"Okay now" Wilhelm said and let go of Simon.

"Aw wille. You didn't have to make it so nice" Simon said and admired the hard work that had been put into all in front of him.

"Never too much" Wilhelm said and hugged Simon from behind, just like he had done in Simon's room.

They sat down and opened up the food.

"Is this from my mom?" Simon asked impressed.

"I made it" Wilhelm said and watched Simon's eyes grow.

"Do you realize how hot that is?" Simon said and teased Wilhelm.

"So South American food and video games?" Wilhelm asked with a smirk. Simon looked at him with a questioning face.

"Your turn ons" Wilhelm said as he opened up one of the plastic boxes.

Simon hit him lightly and laughed. This of course led to a wrestling match, which led to a make out session.

"Come on the food's getting cold" Wilhelm said in between kisses. Simon gave him one last peck before sitting up and starting the picnic.

"I have a gift" Wilhelm said and took the last bite off his plate.

"Really?" Simon said and acted flattered.

"I didn't bring it though so we'll have to go pick it up" Wilhelm said and tried his hardest to sound convincing.

"Okay, should we pick this up first?" Simon asked.

"No. We can get it later" Wilhelm said and stood up.

They started walking the same way they had come. The sun had set and it was dark out. The trees seemed scarier than they had three hours before, threatening.

"Over here" Wilhelm said and pointed over to a small grass area. It was covered by a little cabin. He realized when he had said it that it was a bit load. It had to be though, so the others knew they were coming.

"This looks a bit sketchy. You sure you're not a serial killer?" Simon said jokingly and Wilhelm let out a nervous giggle.

They passed the corner of the cabin and were met by a light strand turning on and a choir of 'surprise'.