Twentythree

Thank you to everyone reading my book, and thanks for all the support and understanding for a little break. School starts this week which means I won't be able to write as much. I hate it when writers are like "sorry I haven't written in a while I've been busy with school" every chapter so I'm just warning you now. I will try to write as much as possible and will definitely not quit.
Enjoy the chapter<33

——————-

Simon had been at the castle before, but it didn't make it any less intimidating or scary. He knew that it was a symbol for everything he wasn't, and a constant reminder of what he could never be. Spring was coming and it showed on the branches in the large royal garden. The innocence of the trees never before witnessed the evil of the world reborn and dressed in the most valuable dress, the flowers.

"You will have 30 minutes before your meeting with the queen in her office" some bodyguard told them. He was new. Simon preferred Malin, even if she knew way too much. She had a slight, and emphasis on slight, sense of humor that he could appreciate in the cold environment of the company Wilhelm brought his way. It wasn't Wilhelm's choice or intention to bring such environment, it was just a fact, inevitable to deny.

They walked through the large halls to Wilhelm's room. Simon had been there before but that time he had been too angry with his dad to realize how beautiful it was. It didn't show much of Wilhelm's personality per se but a room is a room. It's extremely private and reveals a lot about a person. One thing about Wilhelm's room. It had curtains.

"Uhhggg. I wish I had this bed at school. That stone mattress is killing my back" Simon grunted after jumping onto Wilhelm's neatly made bed.

Wilhelm got onto the bed as well.

"I like where this is going" Simon said jokingly.

"Get over yourself, horny ass. I'm going to give you a massage" Wilhelm snapped back. Simon didn't respond. He wasn't exactly complaining about getting a massage so best to not leave a sassy comeback.

"I'm sorry you have to do all this" Wilhelm said and Simon turned around to face him.

"I know you don't like it and here I am, letting the crown dictate how you act and so on"

"I'm sorry too"

They hugged.

"I am to tell the crown prince that the queen is ready in her office" the new guy said outside the room.

They walked through the castle to the office. When they were let inside Simon was surprised by how normal it looked. Nothing special, just a normal office.

"Hello boys, we have a lot to do so why don't we start by going down to the dining hall?" She said without giving space for Simon or Wilhelm to say anything.

The dining hall was enormous. The ceiling was higher than Simon's house and the room longer than two basketball fields.

"This is where you will sit. This is where the whole family will sit" she explained.

Family

"Valborg is a very important holiday and no one expects anything else than first world class for this dinner" she said in a serious tone.

"Wait here a second" she said and hurried away.

"So you think you'll be okay with all this?" Wilhelm asked.

"You're so cute" Simon said before kissing Wilhelm.

"And about that" the queen interrupted making the both boys blush with embarrassment.

"Whenever you are seen in public you will need to be presentable and act in such way"

"Yes mom" Wilhelm said still cheeks red.

The rest of the afternoon was spent learning about how to act, and how to act as a couple. Wilhelm was quick the whole time to reassure Simon that he was sorry, and that it wouldn't change how they were in private. When it was finally over the security guard took them back to the bedroom.

"What is this?" Simon asked looking at the bed.

"I guess it's what we're wearing tomorrow" Wilhelm said and picked up one of the suits.

"This one's yours" he said and gave it to Simon.

It was black, sterile, boring, and probably cost more than his mom's mortgage.

"Try it on" Wilhelm said.

Simon took of his shirt and Wilhelm reached for the white shirt, which he helped Simon on. He buttoned it up and at the last bottom saw Simon smiling.

"What is it?"

"You look so concentrated" Simon said.

Wilhelm got the jacket and Simon put it on.

"Don't I look handsome?" Simon said jokingly looking into the mirror.

"You're gorgeous" Wilhelm said dead serious placing his head on Simon's shoulder.

Simon put his hand in Wilhelm's hair and stroked through it before turning around. They looked into each other's eyes.

"I'm so-"

"I know" Simon interrupted and kissed Wilhelm.

It was probably one of the most honest conversations they had had. It wasn't long or elaborated. Just honest. The only thing they were sure of was each other. Simon felt guilt for letting Wilhelm taking the blame of his family and its traditions. It was nowhere close to being his fault.

Wilhelm lowered his kisses onto Simon's neck. He let out some sweet noice of enjoyment.

"We have to keep it down. The walls are thin" Wilhelm said but continued.

"We probably shouldn't make it awkward with the new bodyguard too" Simon said and Wilhelm couldn't help but laugh.

The seriousness let off for a moment but returned quickly when Simon nodded his head towards the bed. Simon was first on the bed climbing back to the wall. Wilhelm quickly followed and rested his elbows on both sides of Simon. The room was dark besides the small lamp on the bed side table. Its light lit up Wilhelm's face in a golden color. It matched his locks only millimeters from Simon's face.

07.15
"Crown price Wilhelm, it's time to wake up"

07.32
"I'm coming in"

"Shit" Simon said and reached for something to cover up with as he heard the door open.

"Sorry, but I have strict orders to wake the crown prince for preparations" the bodyguard said in an almost shameful voice, as if he had emotions.

"It's okay we'll be there soon" Simon said and the man left the room.

Wilhelm laughed.

"You were awake?"

"Well yes. It was just a bit too awkward for my taste" Wilhelm said grinning and Simon playfully hit him on his shoulder.

Simon's clothes for the day were spread out in the room from the night before. Wilhelm's were nearly hung on a hanger. They got dressed and headed for breakfast.