Thirteen

Wilhelm was carrying his heavy backpack filled with warming clothes, food, and his sleeping bag. He figured they were going to camp so close to civilization he wouldn't need to pack any more than he did. Simon was walking next to him carrying an even heavier bag. He had filled it with food from his mom. Some of the students had made their parents drive out their things to the camping site but many of them decided to walk instead. The people being driven also happened to be the ones who had the alcohol which of course weights a lot. Wilhelm had been able to put his and Simon's tent in one of their cars too which made walking in the woods easier for them.

When they finally reached the place in the woods where two nights of bonding and partying would take place everyone began putting up their tents.

"How do you?-" Wilhelm said looking at the tent.

"Have you never gone camping?" Simon asked in disbelief. Wilhelm explained that it not seen as very royal to willingly sleep on the ground in a forest.

"Well read the manual then" Simon instructed and pointed to the thick pamphlet of instructions to put up the tent. It took Wilhelm a while to find the instructions in the right language but quickly caught on to the whole thing.

After a long struggle the tent was ready. Wilhelm and Simon crawled into it and looked around them, admiring their work, as if they had built a house or something.

"Crown prince Wilhelm" a life guard said from the outside.

"Yes" Wilhelm answered in a tired and annoyed tone.

"I will be sleeping in the tent right next to yours. If you need me just call on me" the life guard instructed and Wilhelm thanked for the information.

"So he is sleeping right next to us?" Simon whispered and giggled knowing Wilhelm was thinking the same thing as he.

It was getting dark and the guys were trying desperately to start the fire. Wilhelm and Simon were sitting in the circle around the "fire" enjoying the view of the guys trying to prove their manliness to the girls.

"You should get up there, prove yourself a worthy man" Simon said looking up from Wilhelm's shoulder as he hugged his arm.

"I think there are other ways to prove how much of a man I am" Wilhelm said.

"Getting dirty early I see" Simon teased him.

"Stop it you perv. I mean things that actually matter. Things like dignity, loyalty, and" Wilhelm stopped to continue.

"Honesty" Simon filled in. A knot tied itself in Wilhelm's stomach.

"Yes. Loyalty" Wilhelm repeated and felt the knot tighter and tighter. It was guilt.

"Look at that. That's a manly fire" Simon said as he applauded the guys.

People began bringing the drinks and marshmallows, everything you need at a camping. Someone had brought a guitar and started playing.

"Let's play truth or dare" some girl shouted. The boys grounded and protested but gave in to the girls begging.

"Henry, truth or dare?" A girl called Sofia asked.

"Dare" he answered.

"Take a shot" she demanded and he obeyed.

It continued on and Wilhelm and Simon managed to avoid the question. About ten people had kissed each other. Wilhelm thought about how funny it would be the next week when half of them would be gone due to mono.

"Simon, truth or dare?" Someone asked. Simon wanted to disappear. He did not like these sorts of games.

"Truth" he finally said.

"How is Wilhelm in bed?" They asked. Everyone laughed and Wilhelm turned red like the reddest tomato you've ever seen.

"Not answering that" Simon said but was explained to that he had to, or he would have to strip naked.

"What kind of stupid rule is that?" He asked upset.

"Truth or dare a la Hillerska" they told him. Wilhelm looked at Simon as if to say that he could answer.

"Well he's good" said Simon.

"Elaborate" they all screamed.

"He's gentle I guess. Romantic" Simon said fast to get it over with. He expected Wilhelm to be embarrassed when he looked over at him. He did but there was something else there too. It was a damn smirk. That mother fucker was smirking.

"Simon" someone asked when he had been staring at Wilhelm for a bit too long.

"Yes" he said when he focused back to the circle.

"It's your turn"

"Oh well, Felice, truth or dare?" He asked without knowing what task or question to give her.

"Truth" she said confidently. Simon thought so hard he was sure his brain must have made noises.

"What do you like the most about yourself?" He then asked. Felice sat for a while thinking. She never knew how hard that question could be to answer.

"I don't know, my eyes" she said after have waited to long. No one protested her answer but it was clear everyone understood the reason for her superficial answer. Her self image was too damaged to see good, or dare to say openly, something good about herself.

"Wilhelm, your turn. Truth or dare?" She said to redirect the attention to someone else.

"Dare" he said.

"Play something on the guitar" she said knowing Wilhelm had played it when they were little. They passed him the brown acoustic guitar and Wilhelm placed it in his lap.

Wilhelm hadn't payed in years but still remembered a few songs. He began playing the intro to Blackbird by The Beatles. Simon was impressed and looked shocked at his boyfriend.

"Black bird singing in the dead of night" Simon began singing. Everyone in the circle knew the song but dared not to join in. That was a duet between Wilhelm and Simon, no one else.

When the song was over Wilhelm continued with more songs and the silly game was finally over. The alcohol started to get to them and the atmosphere got more chaotic, more fun. Wilhelm's body guard was still inside his tent. Wasn't he supposed to stop anything harming the prince?

When the party was getting load Simon pulled Wilhelm with him. He opened the zipper on the tent and jumped inside.

"Are you coming in or not?" Simon asked laying on his back with his elbows holding his body up.

Wilhelm went inside and closed after him. He pressed his body on top of Simon's. They kissed for a while on the hard surface beneath them.

"Did you mean what you said? Wilhelm asked in between kisses.

"What?" Asked Simon.

"That I'm gentle and romantic?" Wilhelm asked again.

"Yes. You're also tough, rough, and generous. Very generous. But I couldn't say that there" Simon said emphasizing the word 'generous' when Wilhelm kissed Simon's neck.

Wilhelm continued kissing Simon's neck which made Simon let out sounds of enjoyment. They got loader and loader.

"Shhhh Simon" Wilhelm said as he remembered their neighbor.

"Oh shit" said Simon and Wilhelm laughed as he rested his forehead on Simon's chest.

About and hour later they were both in their sleeping bags.

"You look like a worm" Simon said.

"Thank you you too" Wilhelm said.

"A cute worm though" he continued and gave Simon a peck on his nose.

Simon fell asleep long before Wilhelm. He lay awake for hours thinking of how the truth was catching onto him and how it was turning too late to tell Simon about his dad.