Twenty

"Surprise"

Simon was is shock. His chin was on the floor. His reaction turned everyone quiet. Simon looked over at Wilhelm who was clearly sweating. Hopefully he didn't think Simon wasn't happy about the surprise, because he was. He was just shocked.

"Are you okay?" Wilhelm asked nervously.

"Yes. Yes I'm okay. Are you okay?" Simon said stuttering. Simon didn't have to wait for an answer because Wilhelm leaned towards him and gave him a peck on the lips.

The party started and it was amazing. There were light bulbs in various colors hanging in the trees. There was lots of snacks and drinks, not that Simon drank but he knew that if anyone would want to come there would need to be alcohol. All the people invited were chill and everything seemed great.

"I'm just going to pee" Simon said about an hour in. People were starting to get pretty wasted and Simon found it hilarious. Wilhelm wasn't very drunk though. Simon had a feeling he was doing it because of Simon.

Simon walked behind the cabin and tried to not fall on any roots when he saw two people making out agains the wall. He couldn't really see who they were because it was so dark.

"Sorry" he said and turned away.

"Omg Simon" Stella shouted startled.

"Shit" Henry said. It had been the two of them.

"You can't tell anyone" Henry told Simon who could only nod and walk away.

When Simon came back he was met by singing.

"Ja må han leva(birthday song in Sweden)" they were singing as Wilhelm carried out a cake.

The cake had a crown on it. Ironic. It also had seventeen candles. Simon walked up to it and Wilhelm. The singing never seemed to end since they wanted to sing all the verses. Simon didn't mind though. Wilhelm and him were staring at each other. The light from the candles lit up Wilhelm's face and it looked like a scene from a movie. There was something in his gaze, almost sensual.

"Hurray, hurray, hurray, hurray" they shouted as they finished singing. Simon took one last look at Wilhelm, matching how he had looked at him, before blowing out the candles.

"We have a present" some people from their grade said and took out a karaoke machine. Simon was sold.

Simon spent most of the rest of the party by the karaoke either singing or watching his drunk friends try to. His favorite was when the boys circled around the microphone to sing 'If I Were a Boy' by Beyoncé.

The party continued but after a few hours they were out of drinks and snacks, and the cake. People began to move to their dorms.

"I have one more thing" Wilhelm whispered in Simon's ear while they were sitting on the ground watching Felice and Sara do a duet. Was it pretty? No.

"More? You've already done so much" Simon said and hugged Wilhelm's arm.

"Well this one doesn't really count as a gift" Wilhelm said calm.

"What do you mean?" Simon asked and turned around to look at Wilhelm who gave him a very obvious look.

"Oh, okay" Simon said as he finally understood what Wilhelm was insinuating.

Wilhelm stood up and walked over to Felice who was singing her heart out to Tiny Dancer. He whispered something in her ear and she nodded. He then walked back to Simon and reached out his hand to him. Simon stood up and followed Wilhelm through the woods.

They got to the front of Skogsbacken. They had to be really quiet with the gravel under their shoes revealing, exposing them. It was almost time for the sun to re enter the sky above them but still it was dark. They went up to a window let open. Everything had been thought out before hand. Wilhelm didn't want to be stuck outside again like last time.

Wilhelm was happy he had managed to convince his parents to move the security guards. This scene would have been a much more awkward one if he hadn't.

They climbed through the window with ease. They had gotten much better at it after all the practice. Simon first then Wilhelm. It was when Wilhelm was just about to stand up inside when Simon recognized the scene.

"This is where we first kissed" Simon said.

"I know. I was here" Wilhelm said jokingly.

The laughter Wilhelm let out at his own joke soon died as the atmosphere changed. Simon leaned in and they kissed. It began slow and romantic, but slowly grew into something more desperate. Simon moved his hands from the sides of the window frame to Wilhelm's hair. Wilhelm did the same but pulled Simon's head slightly back, just enough for him to be able to kiss Simon's neck. Simon let out small sounds of pleasure and Wilhelm stopped.

"Maybe we should" he said and looked at his dorm.

Simon nodded and walked towards the door, holding Wilhelm's hand, who was walking a step behind him. Wilhelm closed the door behind them and turned around to look at Simon. The sun was rising though the window with Simon in the foreground. Wilhelm walked up to him and took off Simon's shirt. He kissed his chest moving further and further down.

*knocking*

"There's breakfast in ten minutes" someone shouted in the hallway.

The boys looked at each other and shook their heads in agreement of not leaving the bed. Instead Wilhelm picked up his phone. The videos from yesterday were on everyone's private story.

Wilhelm began laughing uncontrollably.

"What?" Simon asked his boyfriend who looked as if possessed by a demon.

Wilhelm reached over his phone and showed a post from the royal Instagram.

(I seriously worked so hard for this picture)

Simon joined him in the laughter. It was the same royal family that had told Wilhelm to not recognize their relationship and wanted him to stay closeted. This was so clearly only about PR and media that it became funny.

"Did you have fun last night?" Wilhelm asked as he played with Simon's curls. The laughter died and they had been laying in a comfortable silence for a while.

Simon rolled over to look at Wilhelm.

"I love you" Simon bursted out. Well he didn't burst it out. It was like any other thing he had said before he said this thing. This thing which sounded so normal in his voice and was no more complicated.

Wilhelm was taken aback by it.

"I never said it back. But I do" Simon continued not long before Wilhelm's lips locked with his own.

"Well have a nice Christmas then" Wilhelm said still kissing Simon and he could feel a smile forming on Simon's lips.