Fourteen

Wilhelm woke up sweating. The sun had been heating their tent and the temperature in his sleeping bag was way too high. He crawled out of it and looked over to his side seeing Simon sleeping calmly. Wilhelm couldn't dare wake him up. He was like fragile china. Wilhelm was afraid he would brake.

"Hi" Simon said in his raspy voice opening his eyes.

"Hi" Wilhelm said back admiring Simon's dark long eye lashes.

"How can you lay in that thing?" Wilhelm asked gesturing at the sleeping bag.

"What do you mean? I'm freezing" Simon said refusing to get out of it. Wilhelm convinces Simon he could warm him up instead and Simon wasn't complaining.

"Hey there idiots we're waiting for you" Stella shouted from outside the tent.

They got up and out of the tent. As Stella had told them, everyone was already up, eating breakfast.

"Had fun last night?" Walter asked Wilhelm and Simon.

"Yeah it's been a long time since I was at a camp fire" said Wilhelm and everyone laughed.

"What?" He asked oblivious.

"We meant after" he said and Wilhelm's red tomato cheeks did a return.

"You don't have to answer that" someone said to let off the tension.

"Cause we all heard it" Henry shouted which shocked everybody, Wilhelm and Simon the most.

They kept quiet after that, only eating their breakfast around what last night had been a nice fire but now was a pile of ashes.

"So us girls were thinking we could go on a hike and explore the area a little" Felice said and awaited the others' opinion on the offer.

"Sounds good"

It was a beautiful day, cold, but the sun was out and after the cold winter this was probably the nicest day so far.

They all got ready changing their clothes and brushing their teeth.

They began the hike like any professional would. They walked in the direction they felt like. Wilhelm was a bit annoyed with the fact that his bodyguard had to follow them. The whole thing with this trip was to be alone, but then again he hadn't even raised an eyebrow after the night before, and was walking a bit behind them so it could be okay.

It was a normal, pretty small, forest and didn't have mountains and stuff like that. There were small lakes in the area and one larger close to where they had set up their camp.

"Close your eyes" Simon told Wilhelm as they were walking on a thin path. Wilhelm did.

"Open your mouth" Simon instructed and once again Wilhelm did as Simon said. Simon put a blueberry in Wilhelm's mouth(I know it is not blueberry season in Sweden this early but idc).

"You guys are disgusting" Henry said as he walked passed them.

"They're romantic. Nothing wrong with that" said Stella which made Henry look at her annoyed.

They continued the walk for about an hour. There was some running water so they took advantage of that and drank. It was the first time Wilhelm drank water straight from nature. It was so clean. Surprisingly clean. He didn't tell anyone about this though. He didn't want to seem so stuck up and 'royal'.

The rest of the day was spent lazy. There had been card playing, more walking, and playing of the guitar. When the sun was going down and the fire was put in place someone suggested playing 'truth or dare' again.

"What about I dare all of you to jump into the lake?" Madison asked and almost everyone agreed.

They ran to the lake. It had a short shore of tree and they did canon balls from it. It was the last day so there wasn't really any point in keeping their clothes dry. It was a perfect night. The water was ice cold but the woods were so beautiful with the sun set reflecting on the surface of the lake which was becoming darker and darker by the minute until it was dark.

When they had gotten out they all sat around the fire to keep warm. It was pretty much a review of the night before, and they got drunk, of course.

__

It was impossible for Simon to focus in class. He wasn't hung over like the rest, just tired. The tent had been really cold that night. Wilhelm had tried to keep their body heat up by sleeping close but it didn't help that much. Wilhelm who was sitting next to him was keeping his eyes on the front. He wasn't focused though, just looking straight. Simon wondered if he could possibly be sleeping. Some people did it with eyes open but Simon had been sleeping next to Wilhelm for weeks and had at least not seen it before.

Simon was the only one to eat at lunch. The others said it made them sick even thinking about eating. Some were sleeping by the table. That's when the school psychiatrist came into the dining hall. Everyone's heads raised and looked surprised at the nice looking middle age man walking towards August. Wilhelm and Simon looked at each other with questioning faces. Did the principal finally gain some sense and realized how August had to be held accountable for what he said to Wilhelm and Simon.

"Hi darling" Felice heard her mom say from the other line.

"Hi mom" she said back.

"How are you? She asked in an apologetic way.

"I'm fine" she answered, followed by a silence.

"I'm sorry" they both said at the same time and laughed.

"No you go first" Felice said.

"I'm so sorry honey. You know dad and I love you no matter what. We were only a bit shocked, that's all." She explained.

"And I'm sorry for leaving. I know it must have been shocking and all. I just couldn't stand being in the same room as August" Felice said.

"Don't be sorry. And hopefully you won't have to" she said.

"What?" Felice asked.

"Be in the same room as August. We told the principal and she with the administration look at this very seriously" her mom told her.

August might finally be punished for all the bad things he done.