Six

Incoming call from madre❤️...

"Hello sweetheart how are you?" Linda asked her son

"I'm good, feeling really at home here" Simon answered his mom

"How are you?" He asked her

"I'm good. The house feels big but I'm glad that you are happy" Linda assured him

They kept talking for a good 10 minutes. Simon had been a resident for about two weeks and he was feeling good. Him and Wilhelm were good friends, and the other people were warming up to him. Ever since they both quit the rowing team they didn't have to interact with August anymore which lowered anxiety levels on an extreme. All was good. Well maybe not with his sister. She had been really distant lately and being obsessed with her friends. But that's a good thing right? It means she is happy.

Oh and another thing-
His dad had been texting him again. He kept bringing up the things he had done wrong and how he had ruined his chances with Sara. He really was the biggest narcissist. And since Simon understands this he doesn't answer him.

Visiting weekend is the coming Friday and Simon couldn't be more happy to see his mom again, but most importantly, eat her food again. BUT, having visiting weekend also means parent lunch which means the queen will be coming, and everyone knows that she is not the biggest fan of Simon.

Someone knocked on his door. He already knew it was Wilhelm. They have their own knock. And Wilhelm always comes by at this time to walk Simon to breakfast.

They sit down at their usual spots

"So what are you doing this weekend?" Simon asked Wilhelm

"Just going home sitting in my room bored since my parents don't let me go out after what happened before I got sent here. What about you?" Wilhelm said

"Well that sounds fun. I'm probably gonna meet Ayub and Rosh. If you wanna come you're more than welcome" Simon answered trying to make Wilhelm feel better.

"Thanks. I could try and convince my parents" Wilhelm said

"Are they coming on Friday?" Simon asked

"Yes, but enough about that stuff. What are you guys singing for us?" Wilhelm asked to change the subject of his parents.

"Svalkar vinden by Svenska Björnstammen" Simon informed.

"I love that song. I know you'll do great" Wilhelm said

Thursday came and it was time for the parent lunch. Simon had been gone the whole day to prepare for the performance. It was important to him to do well because he knew the queen would be there and Simon wanted to do his best to make a better impression than the first one. It's not like he has to cause he and Wilhelm aren't together but what if.

Wilhelm was somehow nervous to meet his parents. Ever since what happened before Christmas it has been cold between them. Well, more cold than it usually is in the royal family. He was excited to have his parents hear Simon sing. He thinks no one could ever think anything bad about Simon after you hear him sing. At least that was the case for Wilhelm. He was never mad at or irritated with Simon, well maybe when would tease him. These nice thoughts made Wilhelm feel a lot calmer.

When it was time he walked outside the school waiting for his parents' car. It was still cold so the gravel underneath him was frozen. He finally saw them being led out the car and waking his way.

"Hi sweetheart" his mom said and hugged him.

"Hi mom, how was the drive?" He asked politely before hugging his dad

"It was good. Now why don't we go inside before it gets to cold honey?" The queen said to her son.

They walked in together arm in arm towards the chapel. They were of course the center everyone's attention. They sat down in the front. It was silent between them except the occasional small talk. The room was hushed and the choir were given their tones.

"Det finns en annan sida. Det finns någonting jag aldrig ser"(there's another side. There's something I cannot see) Simon began singing.

Wilhelm glanced over at his mom to see some sort of reaction but nothing. She was stone cold. When the choir was done she politely clapped and smiled like she had taught Wilhelm to smile whenever they had to show respect.

During dinner his family was seated with Felice's and August's. Wilhelm thought of the Tiktok trend when you place the people who would clash the most next to each other. This was that trend. Even if Wilhelm wanted to ignore and humiliate August he couldn't when his parents where there. "He's family" repeatedly played in Wilhelm's head. Personally Wilhelm thought of family as a choice. The people who raised you don't necessarily have to be good people or deserve your endless love. Imagine if he would have said that to his mom. She would have left the table.

Felice's mom was paying Wilhelm a lot of attention. Kind of creepy to be honest. He could see Felice's look down whenever her mom would do that. He figured it was guilt for not being able to tell her mom Wilhelm wasn't into her.

Wilhelm would make eye contact with Simon across the room. They would roll their eyes and show how little they both wanted to be there.

All August did was bragging about grades and his future. Sometimes Wilhelm sort of felt sorry for him because he had to put up that facade, but quickly remembered he almost ruined his life.

The lunch was over and it was time for him to go home. His mom was going to a friends for a while and Sara was staying with her friends so Simon would have to take the bus home alone. He didn't mind. In fact he found it really nice to be alone. As he sat with his head rested against the bus window with music in his ears he watched thousands of trees pass. It was almost good enough for a 'pretend music video'.

He got to his house and was about to unlock the door when he realized it was already open. Weird. His mom must have forgotten to lock. He dropped his bag in the entrance and went to his room. He opened his door and almost died of shock when he saw a person sitting on his bed.