Izuku sat there, crying silently. He didn't want Katsuki to die. It would be all his fault. He couldn't protect another one. His talons gripped the bedsheets as his tears fell on the warm cotton sheets. A warm, calloused hand encased his shaking, small body, his eyes snapping open to see Katsuki awake, his blurry eyes unfocused.

Izuku almost popped into his human form and hugged the blond, but again...he was scared. So, he was pulled into Katsuki's chest, nuzzling into as Katsuki stopped his tears, yet his tear ducts had other plans, keeping the tears coming as Katsuki comforted his sobbing familiar.

He had been awake for a while but wasn't able to muster the strength to move or open his eyes, but he heard everything Aizawa said, and he got it. If he were in his familiar's place, he would be sobbing too. The only thing he could do now was comfort his crying familiar, his hand heating, his warm hand gliding over and through Izuku's fur, feeling the tense muscles relax.

The dragon's coat slowly changed, starting from the tip of his muzzle, the fur turning a warm, moss green until it bled through the black, returning to the soft moss green Katsuki loved. Katsuki hummed softly, humming a tune his mother used to hum for him when he cried.

The soothing melody flowing into Izuku's ears as the familiar stopped his waterworks, purring as he looked up, his glowing green eyes were rimmed with red, standing up. Izuku slowly walked over to Katsuki's left shoulder, flopping against the pillow curling into the crack of Katsuki's neck and his shoulder, feeling content as he fell asleep, the warmth from his pair reassuring the blond wouldn't be going anywhere.

Izuku's tail slid through his curled-up limbs, acting like something to hold as he slept, his talons holding his tail as he fell into a deep sleep.

Katsuki nuzzled the sleeping dragon softly, running his pointer finger over the bridge of Izuku's nose, feeling the familiar subconsciously lean into the touch as he slept, quiet, warming purrs vibrating through the dragon's body. "You know, Bakugou. Your familiar hasn't left your side; from what I heard from Recovery girl that he would growl at anyone who tried to take him away from you, even the paramedics."

"I don't think he's slept at all either; he had been watching over you and only let the old lady near you. Everyone else was off-limits," Aizawa chuckled softly, explaining as Katsuki cracked a smile, looking at his familiar fondly.

"Sounds just like the little dumbass. When I broke my arm once in middle school, he wouldn't let anyone near me, scared that someone would further damage my arm. I had fallen down the stairs, and Deku caught me by my shirt before I smashed my head into the floor."

Katsuki smiled softly at the memory, remembering falling down the stairs and falling on his arm before he was able to smash his head into the floor; Izuku grabbed him by the back of his shirt and nearly choked the blond when doing so. Aizawa and Katsuki shared their fair share of chuckles and stories on how dumb their familiars were.

One of Aizawa's favorite was when Katsuki explained they were running late to school and Deku had flown right into a pole and slowly slid down the flag pole. He acted like he was drunk that entire day, wobbly, running into people, walls. Katsuki's personal favorite was when Aizawa's familiar jump scared Shinso and Hizashi, his husband and son, and they leaped out of their skin.

Hizashi had screamed so loud they had to replace their own and two other neighbors' windows that week. After that, Hizashi and Shinso woke up, and Katsuki had fallen asleep, and Aizawa did too, but Hizashi and Shinso didn't notice that...since they couldn't see his face...or eyes, so they were talking to a sleeping mummy.

Aizawa had also informed Katsuki before Hizashi woke up that the sports festival would be coming up in three weeks, and he would be absent today since Recovery girl still has his bruises to heal. He needs to regain his lost stamina and shouldn't be out till the next day. Izuku and Katsuki slept till three pm.