ⅪⅩ

Kirishima VS. Everest (Rematch)

For the rematch, they had decided they'd play tug-of-war with a heavy, almost unbreakable rope. In order to break it, you'd need to heat it up to over 2,000 degrees, melt the titanium fibers in the rope, and pull with a lot of force. Safe to say, it's not going to break.

The two took the rope in their mouths, Kirishima focusing his quirk on his face, fur turning rocky as he bit down on the rope, digging his teeth into it. Everest did the same, taking the rope in his teeth before locking down and focusing metal into his jaws, glaring at Kirishima, who glared back. There was a clear line in the arena, the winning line - or losing line, for the loser. Saliva webbed and beaded off of their mouths onto the rope as they got ready to pull, muscles flexing and tightening. Midnight stood to the right of the two, a camera zoomed in on ground level for better viewing purposes.

Midnight cleared her throat, getting the crowd's attention, speaking into the mic clipped on her face, "THREE, TWO, ONE..." Suspense strung high; Midnight smirked as she yelled, "GO!" The two began tugging, the sound of gurgled snarls muffled by the rope. Kirishima pulled back, sharp teeth cutting into the rope and locking down. His muscles flexed and tensed, pulling Everest a few inches forward as Everest shook his head, digging into the rope fibers as he pulled back. Sparks flew from where their teeth scraped across metal strands woven inside the rope.

Kirishima's muscles bulged under his fur, rippling like waves crashing as he pulled. Everest skidded forward a few more inches, still relenting and trying to gain leeway. The two were pulled back and forth, tiring out slowly, sweat dampening their coats as Kirishima bit down hard, lashing out as his head snapped sideways, flinging Everest over the line. The crowd went wild as Kirishima went to check up on Everest, who happily barked as the two walked out together, chatting as they barked back and forth. "KIRISHIMA MOVES ONTO THE NEXT ROUND!"

------------------------

Tokoyami VS. Izuku

Izuku slinked into the arena, shaking off his coat as more wisps of dragon fur fell, starting to shed around his sides and stomach, his tail fully bare, sans his scales. Tokoyami ruffled his feathers, shivers clawing up his spine as he pattered up the steps, hopping up the stairs into the arena He took his place, with one last ruffle of his wings, both familiars nod when Midnight asks if they're ready to go. Midnight raises her whip, manicured nails shimmering in the sun as she brings her whip down with a crack! as she shouts "GO!"

Izuku stands there for a moment, the sky starting to darken as cold black smoke fogged over the arena, Izuku diving into the fog like a diver would into a pool, with a ripple of smoke; he vanished. Tokoyami quickly took to the skies, soaring over the arena, careful to stay in bounds, away from the now arching lightning in the clouded fog. Hovering in the air, he unleashed Dark Shadow, the sentient being moving from his stomach to his back; his strong wings held him in place, cold red eyes watching the smoke for movement. Dark Shadow was watching his backside, his blindside. Everyone watched, Shoji watching carefully as Tokoyami's head swiveled and turned, unable to find Izuku in the thick fog.

Tokoyami's feathers shiver with dread, a rock laying in the pit of his stomach as he watches arcs of lightning burst out of the fog. The lightning seems to have a mind of its own, crackling and roaring like something straight out of hell, reaching for Tokoyami. Izuku finally emerged from the roaring arcs of lightning and the endless depths of the smoke below, the top half of his torso only able to be seen, arms tucked carefully on his belly, giant jaws wide open, the arcs of screaming lightning light up his saliva coated teeth.

It was like some sort of creature emerging from the depths and swallowing its prey whole. His bottom half looked to be one with the black hole of fog that lurks on the ground, and what looked to his twenty-foot size lurched up, trying to capture Tokoyami in his jaws. A shock travels through Tokoyami's body, instincts screaming, rearing their heads out of the shadows of his mind, telling him to run, fly little bird, fly! Out of pure fear, Tokoyami drove his wings forward, twisting his body and flapping his wings as quickly as possible, soaring up into the stands, his bird heart thundering as he landed on Shoji's shoulder watching.

Izuku's jaws snapped shut with the crack of thunder that reared its head, body falling back into the mist, like a breaching whale in a vast ocean. The mist crashed and rolled off the arena as Izuku's body disappeared into the thick fog, the four-inch cover of black fog - almost like smoke from after boiling flames that ignited in Izuku's throat - rolled away, and there stood Izuku, in the middle of the ring as he panted, unharmed.

Everyone openly gaped at the dragon, closing and opening their mouths live fish on land before Midnight called out, voice wavering before steeling, "IZUKU ADVANCES TO THE FINALS!"