.Right Timing.

Kimora

This mommy shit really ain't for the weak. I can't even tell you how many bottles and diapers I've made in the last 24 hours so imagine a whole two weeks. Lailah is such a good baby when she's satisfied but baby girl needs a lot of attention. What can I say she gets it honestly.

"Laila baby, mamas here," I rushed into the living room with her heated bottle residing in my right hand.

I picked Lailah up rocking her back in forth until the front door rang.

"What the fuck ?!" I tucked the bottle under my chin, opening it with my free hand.

"Hey baby girl," My momma stood there holding her purse. I cleared my throat turning my attention back to Lai.

"I thought you would be on your way back to...wherever that is," I rocked Lai as she finally began to calm down.

"I wanted to spend more time with my
Daughter and grandbaby."

"Oh is that right?" I raised my eyebrow watching her fidget with the strap from her purse. We stood there for a second before I widened the door signaling her to come in.

"Excuse the mess I haven't been able to keep up ...with Lai,"

"Don't apologize being a new mother can be tough but at least you're here to get through every step."

"Mm, so can I get you some water or..." I sat lay in her crib.

"Yea but I can get it. You relax," before I could hesitate she was already on her way to my kitchen.

I wasn't in the mood or had the energy to say otherwise. She returned back to the living room, sitting across from me on the other couch.

"May I never got to tell you how beautiful this place is,"

"Thank you...I love it." I smiled scanning the house.

"Everything okay with you two? At the birth you guys seemed a little off," she asked drying her hands with a paper towel.

I exhaled sitting back against the couch.

"In the beginning, I thought I finally found the love of my life but now I don't know what to think anymore. Shi—-things were just so different...at least to me."

"I must ask. Do you think maybe things were rushed?"

"I didn't plan to have a baby!" I rolled my eyes getting irritated.

"That's not what I'm saying...listen how about you go upstairs and lay down or take a shower and clean yourself up and I & baby Lai can get to know each other. Isn't that right Lai baby." She cooed over Lailah.

"I don't know..." I hesitated.

"I know me and you are not on good terms or if you can even trust me but I'm asking you to let me prove to you I'm finally here now and I'm here to stay," My mom has been trying to be there for me and Lailah since she found out I was pregnant. The fact that she was at Lai's birth definitely made me reconsider.

"I am kind of tired," I yawned looking around the house and at my stained-up sweats & cami.

"Go on...get some rest sweetie." She smiled picking up Lai, rocking her back and forth. I haven't seen this side of my mom in a minute. Whenever I saw her, she would be warm and motherly like this. But it always ended when she had to 'Go'.