.Who We Introducing.

"Keith," I responded to my father who I haven't seen in almost ten years. My father and I had a very weird relationship. I was a spitting image of my dad; honestly, I wouldn't say I liked that part about myself. I was sarcastic like him, had anger problems like him shit even the dark humor only we understood. But one thing I can't say we are alike in and that's simply being overly emotional when he didn't need to be.

Sometimes I felt like saying "MAN UP!" but I respected my father too much. Did I like my father? To a certain extent. I mean we fought physically when I was a teenager. I'm talking boxing gloves and EVERYTHING! SQUARED UP! Toe to toe...

At that time I felt like that was it. I felt like there was no coming back from this and we even fought two more times after that. But a little after that our relationship began to mend but then he fucked up again! He was cheating on my mother early in their marriage and at that point, I gave a fuck. I was hurt seeing my momma hurt. I felt like captain save a hoe and felt like I needed to be there for my momma but as time went on she accepted it and I wasn't about to keep giving energy to a dead situation. If it's talk without action it's quiet! They eventually divorced and he couldn't find time in his busy life to ever consistently still be there. Hell, I don't even know where the man lives!

Anyways, haven't spoken to nor seen this man in ten years and now he just 'pops up'. He probably doesn't even know I was in New York all this time.

He nodded his head with a slight smirk before changing his facial expression to greet everyone. "Merry Christmas everyone!" He stuck his hand up.

"Harmonie let your father sit down." My mom spoke before I almost broke my neck turning my head in her direction.

"What." I unintentionally spat more disgustingly than I intended.

"It's okay," Anthony spoke up as he pulled my chair out, lightly pulling my arm and holding my waist as he sat me in his chair.

It was like everything was going in slow motion and everything was happening before I could even think about it. The only thing that was swift was Anthony grabbing my hand and giving me his seat as he grabbed one of the extra chairs they bought up just in case.

Anthony sat on the corner of the table as I sat beside his mother until Anthony's father got up making his wife exchange seats with him. I guess he already felt the tension.

Not realizing my leg must have been shaking uncontrollably, Anthony laid his hand on my thigh and held my hand with his other.

"How are you Mr.Tempa I don't know if you remember me but I'm—-" Anthony began.

"Anthony Lacemontè." My father leaned back throwing a small piece of turkey into his mouth like a finger snack.

We all looked around exchanging looks but my eyes never left him.

"I knew you had a thing for my baby girl. You always were overprotective of her. You gotta be a great guy because I know she can be a lot." My father gave me a look before I continued to eat my food.

"Evens...Ola. How are you? How are things at the church?" My mom chimed in redirecting the conversation.

"Things have been great. We just had a fundraiser for the Toiler Middle School..." I zoned out of whatever the fuck it was Mrs. Lacemontè was talking about. Don't get me wrong I love the kids but I was trying to contain this bull that was eager to jump out. Taurus shit. I needed to get out of here.

"So Hovah! Babygirl, would you like to introduce me to your friend?" He spoke to my sister pointing the fork at Tyshawn who was a little intimidated and taken back by our father's deep husky voice. He was terrifying to others, but I was used to this man and always looked right through him. Don't get me wrong as my father I still held him up to a certain level of respect but worst came to worst I was not afraid to go toe to toe.