.Ultimatums ✌🏾.

Harmonie

"Remember that time you had to pick us up from our middle school dance and Kimora got into a fight..." I cackled on our way to the show.

"Oh yeah, that was a wild night my mom was pissed when she found out."

"Yeah, Kimora isn't everyone's cup of tea..." I laughed just thinking about all the fun dangerous things kimora got us into.

"Yea but she's cool peoples." He added not taking his eyes off the road.

"Woohhhh!!" I grooved to the radio realizing what was playing.

 "This my song... 🎶I been low before Yeah, you know I been low before...WOO... I'll bring gloves, you bring the smoke🎶" I sung along to Broke by Ari lennox.

I swayed my body to each side back and forth, at least much as I could in the passenger seat. I could see Anthony smiling taking a glance back and forth. He reached up from a compartment on the ceiling of the car.

"Here..." He passed me a blunt and a his torch.

"How do you know I smoke?" I smirked, squinting my eyes.

"Okay then I'll just put it back..."

"Give me." we laughed as I reached over taking it from him.

"There is nothing wrong with smoking weed. Shit keeps me calm..." He spoke swerving in and out of lanes.

"Same. All the shit I go through..."I said moving in my seat putting my back against the door taking a pull.

He looked at me and swerved pulling into a parking lot. I looked out the tinted windows and realized we were already here. I look at my phone and it was seven-forty five. Wow, we're early. I took my seat belt off just looking at Anthony.

"C'mon I want to talk. It's clear you've been holding in a lot and I want to be your safe space. What happened to us keeping it real with each other?" He took a puff of the blunt pushing his seat back some.

"What's the deal with you and your mom? I know that's one of the issues you've expressed to me before." His husky voice filled my ears and it was so soothing.

"Well... I love my mom to death. She's my biggest weakness. And she knows that. We are JUST now repairing our relationship. But basically, she's controlling. She use to try to control my money, tell me what I need to do, and then throws my downfalls in my face. She's never apologized, we never talk about it we just move on like everything is Okay."

"You guys ever thought about going to therapy?"

I shrugged shaking my head. "For me yes. Try fixing my problems first."

He nodded. "Have you spoken to your dad?"

"Nope. Not since college. I never liked the man. Just a sexist, manipulating, womanizing ass liar. How are you raising daughters and have a mindset the way you do. It's his fault I go through all these 'men' problems. That man was suppose to be my first love. Set the example for the rest of the men in my life.No....I just keep getting men JUST like him...Don't get me wrong he's my dad and I love him and I'm sure the things he went through growing up is one of the reasons he is the way he is" I took a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that. You are a very smart, successful, beautiful woman. I tell you this all the time and I mean that. You are so strong going through this and every day you get up and be this amazing woman today. " He looked at me with so much light.