bonus chapter: dinner at seven

"𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋! 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐃 𝐖𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆!"

          August was a highly anticipated month for Francesca Griffin and her girl gang

          August was a highly anticipated month for Francesca Griffin and her girl gang. Between her caseload, Jennifer Jareau's strenuous and uncertain hours, Ingrid O'Malley's new job as Head of Marketing for a Georgetown clothing company, and Jasmine Flores' tight schedule at the doctor's office, a girls trip was looking awfully unlikely. However, fate appeared to be on their side when an entire week in each girl's schedule was miraculously cleared. They were all bursting at the seams with excitement once the end of July rolled around, but for more reasons than one. Francesca was looking forward to getting a much needed break from work alongside her best friends. JJ, Jasmine, and Ingrid felt the same of course, but there was one thing they knew that Francesca didn't, and this secret had their hearts racing and minds whirling whenever Francesca was around.

          They were on a gorgeous beach in Aruba that Jasmine and Ingrid were familiar with, the four of them snapping a selfie that Jasmine complained about once she saw the outcome. "Hey, I'm barely even in it," JJ whined herself, squinting to see the photo in the sun.

          "Sorry," Francesca winced, zooming in on the picture. She glanced at JJ. "Guess you can blame Ingrid's hat?"

          "Do not insult the hat!" Ingrid objected, pouting.

          Francesca shrugged. "If it didn't take up so much room, I could've moved over and J would've been more in the frame."

          Ingrid snatched the phone from Francesca's hands, practically pressing her eyeball onto the screen. "I really see nothing wrong with thi–"

          "I shouldn't have said anything," Jasmine deadpanned, plopping back down onto her beach chair. She removed her blue Ray Bans from her face, leaning back and letting the sun envelop her.

          Defeated, JJ and Ingrid took their spots on their towels as well, eyes shutting as they laid in the scalding heat. Francesca remained standing, shoving her phone in a back pocket of her jean shorts. "I'm gonna go get a drink," she announced, nodding towards the beach bar despite none of her friends noticing. "Anyone want anything?"

          The other three girls mumbled inaudibly, Francesca taking that as a no and heading on her way. Once she was long gone, Ingrid and JJ shot up and faced Jasmine, who was already crawling down to the other girls' towels. "I can't keep looking at her, I swear," Jasmine begged, making prayer hands and resting her chin on top. "I'm gonna break!"

          JJ slapped Jasmine on the knee, the brunette shrieking as a result. "You better not crack," JJ ordered, pointing her index finger between the girls. "Neither of you can."

          "I can't believe this is happening," Ingrid beamed, wrapping an arm around JJ. "Have you heard from him?'

          "Spence texted me this morning super early and said he was taking off. He should be landing just in time for dinner," JJ explained, an infectious grin plastered on her face.