12. a mind greater than yours

𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐈𝐓, 𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀 𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 flapped her oven mitts in the air

          𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐈𝐓, 𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀 𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 flapped her oven mitts in the air. In her sad attempt to make pizza for her night with Spencer Reid, she began to realize as her kitchen started to smell funky that there was something seriously wrong with her oven. When she opened it, the girl was greeted with an unfriendly puff of smoke, causing her to flail her fluffy mitts everywhere. "Of fucking course," she mumbled to herself as she tried to save the pizza. "Of course."

Courageously, Francesca grabbed the pizza tray on her island and flicked the pizza onto it. She always liked her pizza well done, but as she stared at the black coloring that coated the crust, it no longer looked appetizing. She clutched the pizza cutter and started to map out her slices, but before she could begin, she heard two sharp knocks at her door.

Groaning with frustration, she put down the tool and approached the door. She didn't even think about her appearance when she pried the door open for Spencer, but when his face changed from a smile to one of pure terror, Francesca couldn't have imagined what she looked like.

"You look busy," Spencer laughed, taking in the oversized oven mitts and beat red face the girl wore. "Should I come back another time?"

Francesca rolled her eyes and stepped to the side, a wave of her arm indicating for the boy to enter. "I was just eaten alive by a cloud of burnt pizza, but other than that, I'm free."

Spencer looked around intently, taking in every piece of Francesca's home. Subconsciously, each piece of decor added to the profile he's constructed for the girl, but he tried not to let his work interfere with her personal life. He made his way to the kitchen area, Francesca not far behind. He stared at the burnt dinner the girl had prepared, trying to hold in his laughter.

"I told you I was no chef," Francesca reiterated, taking a space at the other side of the counter. She picked up the pizza cutter again and hovered it over her failed creation. "I know I said we could try and cook together, but I wanted to see if I could do it as a surprise."

Spencer could tell from the hint of disappointment in her smile that she wanted the dinner to be a success. He pointed to one of the least burnt sections of the pizza. "I'll take something from here," he said, a close-lipped smile on his face.

Francesca, elated that he was overlooking her mess up, grinned back, beginning to cut a piece of Spencer's desire. She served it on a classy paper plate for him and watched eagerly as he took a bite.

"Well?" Francesca jabbed. "Is it horrible? Please tell me it's not. I'll just call for delivery if it sucks."

Spencer chewed his slice preparing for the worst. Despite an intense, dry feeling left in his mouth, he nodded pleasantly. "It's not bad. It's exceeded my expectations."