19. unidentifiable pain

"𝐉𝐉, 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

"𝐉𝐉, 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 in five hours. What is it?"

The cocktail party wrapped early for most members of the B.A.U. Always unsure of when their next case would be, leaving at 11:30 seemed like the best option to ensure they would get some sleep in the event they would be called in the next day. Knowing what she did, it was hard for JJ to act normal in Francesca's presence on their car ride back. Since she works around so many profilers, JJ was capable of hiding her micro expressions, but every time she glanced at her friend in the diver's seat, a surge of confusion and anger overtook her.

JJ said a quick goodbye to Francesca when the brunette dropped the blonde off at her house. It was late, and JJ knew she should've asked Francesca to just spend the night, but her mind was elsewhere when Francesca pulled out of the driveway and glided off into the darkness. Before she even walked inside, the girl had Jasmine on call.

Jasmine would typically be happy to hear from JJ, but at that hour, she was headed off to bed, which warranted her snarky response. "Is Ingrid with you?" JJ aggressively asked, walking inside and hanging up her jacket.

"She's at her mom's house for the night." Jasmine was puzzled. "Why?"

          "Well, call her," JJ ordered, taking Jasmine aback. She marched upstairs, relieved to have the house to herself in this instant. "I need to talk to both of you. It's urgent. C'mon."

Jasmine slapped her hand on her nightstand, picking up her landline and dialing Ingrid's number. "Alright, relax. It's ringing."

JJ plopped onto her and Will's bed, failing to change her clothes or get settled in. "Is she there?"

Jasmine put her landline on speaker, holding it in front of her face. "Hey, Jas," Ingrid's cheerful yet exhausted voice emerged from the phone.

"Hey, I'm on FaceTime with JJ. She said she needed to talk to both of us," Jasmine explained.

"Oh, okay. Hey, JJ! What's up?"

JJ didn't even fake a smile. "I found something out tonight that really concerns me. It's about Griff."

"No way!" a lightbulb went off in Jasmine's head when she realized that she never told JJ her theory. "That reminds me. I totally forgot to mention that Ingrid and I have a feeling Griff is back together with Patrick. She's been weird lately and when we went out the other day, she took an oddly flirtatious phone call."

"Yeah!" Ingrid fuzzily piped in. "We meant to tell you, but we haven't seen her since that day and I got sidetracked, at least."

JJ shook her head furiously. "No, she's not back together with Patrick."