25. deserving of love

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐀 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘'𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇, and nursing Spencer back to his normal self was a challenge for Francesca

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐀 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘'𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇, and nursing Spencer back to his normal self was a challenge for Francesca. Receiving no word from JJ following the voicemail was also unsettling for Francesca. While she comforted her boyfriend through his depression, Francesca couldn't help but think about JJ. One night, while she was crafting ice cream sundaes with Spencer at his apartment, Francesca brought up the blonde.

"I want to talk to JJ," she blurted out, almost drowning her words as she sprayed whipped cream into her bowl.

Spencer was carefully drizzling chocolate syrup over the mint chocolate chip ice cream in his own bowl. He looked up at Francesca with the most hopeful smile he could muster for his current state. "You should."

Francesca snagged the chocolate syrup from his side of the counter. "She's just never free, and she doesn't answer my calls. I never know when it's a good time," she made a poor excuse for her hesitation.

"Well, go over there tonight," Spencer suggested, catching Francesca off-guard.

The girl's brow furrowed. "Tonight?" she repeated, Spencer nodding with pursed lips. "Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you?"

"Checka, you've been taking care of me for the past week. I'm okay to sleep alone tonight," Spencer insisted, knowing that she had already gone above and beyond to tend to him.

"I feel bad," Francesca whined, now digging her spoon into her dessert. "I need to be here with you. You're still tossing and turning in your sleep, you know. Did you take your meds for your migraines this morning? I really – "

Spencer placed his hand over Francesca's free one, prompting her to stop rambling. "I appreciate you so much, but your relationship with JJ needs to be mended. Please go see her."

Mouth stuffed with ice cream, a smile tugged at Francesca's lips. She raised her finger, allowing herself time to swallow her food. "Don't you want to talk to her, though? We can go together one time."

Spencer shook his head, reverting his attention back to his creation. "Seeing her everyday at work sort of forced the forgiveness. This whole Emily thing also pushed the envelope."

Francesca sighed, knowing she just had to take the leap and make things right again. "Okay, I'll go in like an hour. But you better call me if you need anything."

"I will be fine," Spencer promised. "Now, enjoy your sixteenth century whipped topping. Don't spray the can into your mouth, though. Inhaling nitrous oxide can cut off oxygen to the brain and have detrimental effects on the cardiovascular system."