1. fbi buddies

𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐑 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 of the nostalgic, Georgetown café

          𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐑 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 of the nostalgic, Georgetown café. She checked her broken down iPhone, the time of 12:06 lighting up beneath the glass cracks. Typically, she viewed tardiness as a sign of laziness, but she was too excited to let six lousy minutes ruin her mood. She was reuniting with her best friends today – they could've been hours late and she wouldn't care, as long as they got to see each other.

          "Griff!"

          It was as if on cue that the familiar voice of Ingrid O'Malley interrupted her thoughts. Francesca looked to the front door of the café, smile forming at the sight of the perky blonde waving in her direction. It was no surprise to see who followed Ingrid, the goddess-like face of Jasmine Flores appearing shortly after. Francesca wiggled her way out of the booth once the girls reached her, engulfing them both in a big hug.

          "You guys are so tan," were the first words that escaped Francesca's mouth as she returned to her place. "I'm jealous."

          Jasmine took the window seat, Ingrid sliding into the spot next to her. "That is the greatest compliment I could've ever received," Ingrid teased, a hint of sincerity in her tone. "I tried to catch up to Jas, but I've come to the conclusion that I never will."

          "Hey, stop blaming me for your lack of melanin," Jasmine remarked. "Tanning is a sport. Don't hate the player, hate the game."

          "You're both looking better than me," Francesca pointed out. "I'm white as snow."

          "Two weeks in Aruba with us would've fixed that right up," Jasmine commented, a finger waving at Francesca.

          "My bank account can beg to differ."

          Ingrid glanced around, taking in all the outdated decor. "This place hasn't changed a bit, has it?"

          Jasmine and Francesca observed as well, noticing what has stayed the same and what has changed since their last group visit. "You would think they would've gotten rid of the ancient paintings. It's not the 1900s anymore," Jasmine criticized.

          "I'd have to agree," Francesca chimed in. "I think these pictures have been here since before we were born."

          Despite their harsh commentary, the girls held this café in a special place in their hearts. In fact, the entirety of Georgetown in Washington, D.C., was significant in their lives. It's where they met, at the prestigious Georgetown University, where they became best friends, where they made their memories, and where they currently worked and resided, for the most part.

          "Hey, ladies!"

          Before one of them could keep rambling on about the appearance of the café, a cheerful greeting from their final anticipated guest sounded. "JJ!"