17. mystery girl

𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐆𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑 when she was greeted with an incoming FaceTime call from none other than JJ

𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐆𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑 when she was greeted with an incoming FaceTime call from none other than JJ. Still wrapped in her towel, Francesca propped up her phone against the mirror and swiped right across her screen.

         "Am I interrupting something?" JJ giggled once she appeared on the screen.

         Francesca started to wring her hair out with another towel. "Very funny. You caught me at a vulnerable moment. I could flash you at any second."

         "I'd rather you not."

         The brunette picked up her hairbrush. "And who do I owe the pleasure of FaceTiming you tonight?" Francesca ran the brush through her wet locks.

         "I've come to extend an invite to you," JJ began, sitting up in her bed. "Figured a FaceTime could spice things up."

         "Leave the spicing up to Will, honey," Francesca joked, JJ rolling her eyes in return. "What's the invite? Babysitting your beautiful son? Drunk sleepover?"

         JJ nodded slowly, "You know I wish it were the latter, and I wouldn't use you just to watch Henry."

         "Well, please. Enlighten me."

         "Rossi is having a cocktail party at his house Friday night. He was telling us about it at work today and offered a plus one. Will can't make it, so I was wondering if you wanted to be my date?" JJ explained.

         Francesca tried to make her concerns not so obvious. "Me? Are you sure? Did you ask him?"

         "I already jokingly ran the idea by him, and the team was practically begging me to bring you."

         Francesca couldn't help but imagine what Spencer's reaction would've been. It almost made her chuckle. "Interesting. Who's going?"

         JJ shrugged. "The usual. Everyone you met at on the case. Hotch, Emily, Derek, Penelope, Spencer."

         "Awfully small group for a cocktail party," Francesca pointed out.

         "Well, they'll all probably bring someone. Rossi said he invited some friends as well."

         Francesca decided to take advantage of the plus one idea and have a little fun. "Who's everyone bringing?" she asked as she began moisturizing her face.

         "I don't know, Griff. Hotch will probably be solo. Penelope's bringing her boyfriend, Kevin. Emily mentioned asking a family friend to come. Derek will most likely have a random girl. Am I missing anyone?"

         Francesca could've burst out laughing. "Reid?"

         "Oh!" JJ cried, excited to spill the beans to her friend. "We're hoping he'll bring his mystery girl."