23. special

𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐉𝐉 due to her strenuous job, but the silent week following their unprecedented blow up was practically unbearable

𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐉𝐉 due to her strenuous job, but the silent week following their unprecedented blow up was practically unbearable. Francesca's contact with Jasmine and Ingrid was inconsistent, for she was ashamed to face them as well. She worked extra hours to keep herself busy, but no matter how many cases she drowned herself in, she couldn't keep her mind off of her best friend. Luckily, Spencer was by her side whenever he could be, trying to convince the girl that things would straighten out. Yet, Francesca bounced back and forth between pure anger towards JJ and regret for not telling her about Spencer. She couldn't find peace, so when Spencer revealed he had to travel to Salt Lake City for a case, Francesca didn't know how she would manage for four days practically on her own.

          Jasmine and Ingrid found themselves in an awkward spot. They, too, were surprised to find that Francesca was hiding a relationship with the B.A.U.'s official genius, but they were hesitant to talk to Francesca at first. As the days went on, they tried to devise a tactic to simmer things down between her and JJ, but no matter what they came up with, the girls knew an intervention wouldn't be productive.

          It was a Friday afternoon when Francesca found herself staring at her phone contacts. She had gotten back from work a while ago, which was just another contemplation session about who she should try and contact. Somehow she convinced herself that it was worth a shot to have a serious conversation with Jasmine and Ingrid. Once she got home, though, she couldn't bring herself to dial a number.

          Ironically, after almost three minutes of blank gawking, Francesca's phone bounced, buzzing
on her thigh. The word Jas plastered across the screen, and Francesca figured it was now or never. "Hi," she nervously squeaked after she picked up.

         "Hey, girl," Jasmine sounded unfazed. "Can we talk?"

         Francesca leaned back on her couch. "Yeah, sure."

          Jasmine audibly sighed. "Look, I know things have been weird, and Ingrid and I just wanted to give you some space. We're not mad at you or anything."

          That was relieving to hear for Francesca. Too bad the friend she had to win back was her closest one. "That's nice to know," she replied. "I'm really sorry for not telling you guys. I figured if I told you, it'd get to JJ, and I didn't know how comfortable she would feel with me seeing Reid. Now I know that she hates it."

          "She doesn't hate it," Jasmine had to sneak in a white lie, for she didn't really know JJ's thoughts on the topic other than the fact that she was excessively mad. "I can see both sides, though. She felt a bit betrayed, but she shouldn't have reacted like that. You have the right to privacy, but you should know that we'll support you through everything."

          Francesca's head fell. "Yeah, you're right. She just hit me where it hurts, you know? She knows I'm sensitive about finding the right guys, so anytime I think about apologizing to her, I remember that she exposed me in front of my boyfriend."