18. fate

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐃 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐈'𝐒 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 like old times

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐃 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐈'𝐒 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 like old times. After a long day at work, Francesca was looking forward to pampering herself for the party. She dressed in a black slip dress that she recently purchased and complimented it with a pair of red heels. She blasted a throwback playlist as she straightened her hair, and it was hard to keep from singing as she applied some makeup. The girl drove to Quantico, a route that was starting to feel more and more familiar to her, courtesy of one genius boy. She arrived at JJ's right on time, who was already on her way out of the house when Francesca pulled up. On the quick ride to Rossi's, they sang at the top of their lungs, just as they used to in college following either a week full of exams or a drunk night out. By time they pulled up to Rossi's mansion of a home, they were practically out of breath and didn't know how they'd be able to talk all night. Despite their unspoken wishes to just hang out together in the car, the girls made their way into the house.

Once Francesca stepped inside, she was immediately overwhelmed. There were more people than she expected, and the extravagance of the rooms wasn't easing her nerves. Like JJ could read her mind, the blonde grabbed Francesca's wrist. "It's fine, Griff. Just stay with me."

JJ, clearly familiar with the place, guided Francesca through crowds of people. JJ gave friendly nods to the people who acknowledged her, and Francesca did the same to feel more at ease. Their final destination was the living room, which was almost as packed as the rooms they just journeyed through. In the living room, Francesca scanned the perimeter for a familiar face. Luckily, the first eyes she met were the ones she were hoping for. A cheeky smile creeped its way onto her lips.

         "Hey, Spence!" JJ waved to the boy standing in front of them. He put down his drink and approached the girls, practically shaking in Francesca's presence. To not be suspicious, he opened his arms towards JJ for a hug.

         When he broke his hold on JJ, Spencer could've charged at Francesca and squeezed her with all of his might. She stood only a few feet from him, emanating elegance and joy. He tried to keep himself from staring her up and down, from the way her hair perfectly draped over her shoulders, to the classy fit of her dress, to the extra height her heels gave her that made her eye level with him. He could've stared at her forever, but if he didn't offer her a hug that instant, JJ would pick up on something.

          "Hi, Griff," Spencer resorted for the use of the girl's common nickname, sticking his arms out to her.

          Francesca accepted his hug willingly, "Hey, doc." She took a deep breath in his grasp as a way to calm the surge of attraction she felt towards his
dark purple suit and tacky sweater vest. Once they regretfully pulled away, they noticed JJ's absence. Spencer glanced over his shoulder to see his colleague greeting Rossi and Hotch. Francesca noticed her friend busy as well, so she decided to take advantage of the freedom.