2. civil inattention

"𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐉𝐉 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐄𝐃 us to her team?"

          It was bright and early the following Saturday morning. Well, it was 10:00, but for Francesca, Jasmine, and Ingrid, they could've slept for hours longer. They already were on the road at a poor time for chaotic I-95 on a weekend, yet, they would've risked traffic for more sleep if it weren't Henry LaMontagne's birthday.

          Ingrid volunteered to drive the group, for she knew she could get herself to be way more awake than Francesca and Jasmine if she had to. A cup of coffee could cure her, but the other two needed a car nap to be brought to life. As she drove down the interstate, bored out of her mind, Ingrid finally decided to wake her friends from their sleep with a question about JJ's FBI colleagues.

          Jasmine rubbed her eyes before straightening up in the passengers seat. "I don't know, Ingrid, but what I do know is you woke me up."

          Francesca followed suit with crabby drowsiness. "Yeah," she mumbled, raising her head from the window, "I was sleeping quite peacefully."

          "Oh, shut up," Ingrid scoffed. "We're ten minutes away. You needed to wake up anyway."

          Once they arrived to JJ's house, they were shocked to see a swarm of cars. "Damn," Jasmine sighed. "This kid's like what, five, and he has more friends than me?"

          Francesca unbuckled her seatbelt as soon as Ingrid aimed to parallel park. One reason she slept during the ride was to forget her annoying urge to pee. "I gotta pee so bad," she said aloud, sliding to the door side closest to the house. "Let me get out of here."

          "Easy, girl," Ingrid maneuvered the wheel carefully, cautious of the BMW and Volvo she was trying to squeeze between. "You make me hit one of these cars and it's coming out of your wallet."

          Francesca didn't care what the blonde had to say, evident by her quick escape from the vehicle mid sentence. Although she didn't journey to Quantico very often, JJ's house was like a second home to the girl. She felt no hesitation to burst through the front door and make a beeline for the bathroom.

          Once she reached the bathroom door, Francesca noticed it slightly cracked open. That only meant one thing to her – no one was inside. Grinning because she didn't have to wait much longer, she practically broke the door down an–

          "Hey!"

          Francesca skidded to a stop on the slippery tile, eyes popping out of their sockets as her brain registered what was happening. "Oh my god, I'm sorry."

          The girl, trying to decide whether to laugh or cry, covered her eyes dramatically and backed out of the room, slamming the door shut in front of her. She pressed up against the wall she was next to, stunned and embarrassed. The image was engrained in her brain, and she blinked repeatedly in hopes to erase it. However, a few short moments later, she realized she wouldn't be able to.