Chapter 2

The rest of the classes were boring and Fuyuko could not wait for dismissal to arrive. She kept glancing at the clock, hoping it will go faster. As if listening to Fuyuko's silent pleas, the dismissal bell has finally rung. Fuyuko excitedly packed her bag as she could not wait to take a nap on her comfortable bed.

However, before she was able to leave the classroom, Atsumu stopped her right away. "Are you not going to watch us practice?"

"No. I'm going home and take a nap," Fuyuko decline almost immediately.

"Actually, you need to wait for me, according to mom. So yes, you are watching us practice," Rintaro said as he entered her classroom.

Fuyuko gave him a look of disbelief while Atsumu technically celebrated. He quickly carried her over his shoulder and ran towards the gym. Knowing how he can be, Fuyuko did not bother to put up a fight and let him carry her all the way.

When they all arrived at the gym, they saw Kita looking at them. "Atsumu, are you bothering Fuyuko again?"

Atsumu quickly denied it. "N-No! She needs to wait for Rintaro, so she is going to watch us practice!"

Kita looked at her for confirmation, so she nodded her head. "Sadly, he's right."

Kita looked back towards Atsumu. "That doesn't mean you can carry her like that, especially when she's wearing a skirt."

The others snickered as Atsumu got scolded by their captain.

"Tsumu obviously doesn't know how to be careful," Osamu teased.

"I knew he was going to get scolded by Kita-san," Ginjima laughed.

Atsumu glared at his friends as they headed to change. Before Rintaro followed after them, he gave his jacket to Fuyuko, knowing that she was going to sleep.

"Fuyuko," Kita called out to her. "You can sit on the bench over there. Make sure to be careful of the balls."

She nodded her head and quickly headed to the bench Kita pointed to previously. She took off her jacket to use it as a pillow, while she used Rintaro's jacket to cover her legs. She then laid down, taking her precious nap.

She doesn't know how long she was asleep, but she was awakened by someone shaking her. She groaned as she sat up to look at the person who woke her up. There she saw three girls with obvious fake smiles displayed on their lips.

"Can we talk outside?" One of them asked.

She sighed as she knew where this was going. She then nodded her head and followed after them with a lazy look. Once they were out of the gym, their fake smiles were wiped off and replaced with frowns instead. "Why do you hang out with Atsumu-kun?!"

"What's wrong with hanging out with my friends?"

"How dare you stay close with Atsumu-kun!"

"Look. He doesn't even know you guys exist, so stop wasting your time," Fuyuko sighed with irritation. "I don't want to spend my time dealing with your bullshits either."

She was about to head back in, but one of them grabbed and pulled her hair, forcing her to stop. She sighed loudly as she grabbed the person's wrist and twisted it, making her let go of her hair immediately with a yelp of pain.

"Have you heard of personal space?" She glared at them as she let go of her arm roughly. "I'm surrounded by goddamn stupid people."

She gave them a warning look before heading back inside as she fixed her hair. Po As soon as she entered the gym, Rintaro approached her. "What happened?"

"Usual shits," Fuyuko shrugged. "Why are his fans all stupid?"

"That's probably the reason why they are his fans," Rintaro said causing Fuyuko to laugh.

"Rintaro, don't slack off," they heard Kita calling out to Rintaro.

Rintaro sighed as he quickly headed back to the court and join their training.

Fuyuko decided to actually watch their practice this time instead of sleeping. As she watched them, she sat there in amazement until Osamu failed to spike Atsumu's toss. "Oh, shit."

"You trash! Can't you even spike a toss?!" Atsumu yelled at his twin in anger.

"Yeah yeah sorry," Osamu brushed him off.

Atsumu looked like he was ready to punch his brother, but before he could even do anything, Kita stepped in between them, calming him down. Aside from that incident, the practice managed to end without any more troubles. The four of them quickly cleaned up and changed before going towards Fuyuko.

"Fuyuko! How was I?!" Atsumu asked excitedly.

"You know the answer," she said.

"That means I was amazing, right?!" His eyes twinkled.

She gave him a monotonous look. "No."

Atsumu's eyes widen as he stared at her in disbelief. "Are you sure you are talking about me?!"

"I am."

"Fuyuko!" Atsumu looked like he was about to cry waterfalls at her words.

The other three sigh at their friend's dramatic reaction while Fuyuko snickered. "Of course, I'm joking. You were amazing."

Atsumu's eyes twinkled right away and Fuyuko could have sworn that she saw a tail wagging behind him.

Once they were out the gates, Rintaro and Fuyuko waved at them since they were going in the opposite direction.

"See you tomorrow!" Ginjima yelled as he waved at them along with Osamu.

"Meet you in your dreams, Fuyuko!" Atsumu yelled.

"No thanks..." Fuyuko mumbled.

As they walked home, Fuyuko spoke. "Tsumu is like a dog and I am his favourite toy or something like that."

Rintaro chuckled at her words. "Why don't you try to figure out why he is like that?"

"Nah," Fuyuko brushed his words away. "He is just being himself. He was like that last year, too."

"It's been that long?" Rintaro mumbled which Fuyuko failed to hear.