Chapter 16

Sports Day was coming up that the class was discussing who gets to join which sports. The rule of Sports Day was that the sports club members are not allowed to join their club sports.

Fuyuko's class was quite competitive, so everyone was busy decided who gets to play which. Atsumu was part of soccer while Ginjima was part of baseball. Meanwhile, Fuyuko did not volunteer for anything since she felt lazy, but her class was not having it. "Fuyuko! You are athletic as well! Go join something!"

"Pass..." She mumbled.

"Fuyuko!" The class yelled.

She groaned at their yell as she covered her ears which only caused them to yell even louder.

"What's the prize if we win anyway?" She asked.

"It's just for fun," one of them explained.

"Nope, I'm not joining," she said as she slouched on her seat.

Her classmates groaned while she continued to ignore them. She was about to close her eyes when she felt someone poke her. She turned to the person and saw Atsumu. "What?"

"If you join and help us get first place, I'll buy you Chocolate Chip Frappe for the whole week," he bargained.

Her eyes immediately twinkled, but she was still hesitant. She really didn't feel like sweating.

As if to sense her hesitation, Ginjima quickly joined in. "I'll buy you the frappe the week after Tsumu then. If we get first place."

Without hesitation, she nodded. "I'm joining volleyball."

The class cheered at her words while Atsumu and Ginjima high fived in accomplishment.

• • •

Sports Day began with the principal giving his speech. Once his long boring speech was over, it was time for basketball, which Rintaro was part of. Fuyuko did not expect her brother to put effort since he was just as lazy as her, but surprisingly he was doing his best.

As Fuyuko stared at him in shock, he continued to block the balls that are being passed by her classmates, making it challenging for them to earn points. In the end, Rintaro's class won the basketball match thanks to his blocking. When Rintaro exited the court, she headed straight to him. "What happened to you?"

"Jelly fruit sticks," he replied.

"They bribed you, too?" She asked.

"You too?"

She nodded. "Chocolate chip frappe."

As she continued to talked to her brother, she heard that baseball was starting. She immediately headed towards the field along with others. Everyone was cheering so loudly that Fuyuko thought she was going to be deaf.

Although Fuyuko's class was trying hard, they were losing against the other class. Fuyuko could tell that Atsumu, especially, was getting annoyed by it. "Gin! You better kick their asses!"

Ginjima just avoided Atsumu's intense glare as he sweat dropped, trying to focus on the game instead. However, their class ended up losing, making most of them furious.

"GIN!!!" Atsumu yelled.

Ginjima hid behind Fuyuko right away. This caused her to sigh as she faced Atsumu. "It's not over yet. We still have chances to win. Go win the soccer match."

Atsumu nodded with determination before running to the field. Fuyuko then glanced at the opposing team to realize that they were against class 1 and Osamu was also part of the soccer game.

"This is going to be a war," Ginjima mumbled as he sat beside her.

She nodded her head in agreement as she paid attention to the game.

"ATSUMU, CRUSH THEM!" Her class yelled.

"OSAMU, YOU BETTER NOT LOSE!" Class 1 yelled as well.

Atsumu was dribbling the ball to the goal when Osamu suddenly intercepted it and began to dribble it to the other side. "Samu! I'm going to kill you!"

Osamu ignored his brother and passed the ball to his teammate who scored right after. Thanks to their teamwork, class 1 was ahead of class 2 that they were getting anxious.

"Fuyuko, encourage Tsumu," Ginjima said.

She gave him a look. "That's not gonna do anything."

"For Tsumu, it will. Having him more energetic will make us win for sure."

She nodded and stood up. "Tsumu! You better win this game! We are counting on you!"

Atsumu looked at her for a split second then smirked. Suddenly he got fired up and intercepted the ball from the opposing player. In a blink of an eye, he was able to shoot the ball to our goal, giving their class a score. Fuyuko's class cheered loudly and Atsumu continued to play the main role in getting the lead.

"Told you," Ginjima laughed.

In the end, Fuyuko's class took the victory, making them scream even louder. Atsumu came towards her with a proud smile. "We won!"

"Good job," she smiled as she handed him his water bottle and towel.

Atsumu blushed as he was proud of himself for winning, especially in front of her. After the soccer game, it was their lunch break. The five of them were enjoying their food on the field.

"I totally beat the shit out of you, Samu!" Atsumu made fun of his twin.

Osamu had his neutral expression as he just focused on his food. Technically everything was peaceful until Atsumu thought it was a good decision to steal Osamu's food. Fuyuko sighed as Rintaro quickly packed their lunch and backed into a safe distance along with Fuyuko and Ginjima. Once they were at a safe distance, they reopened their lunch box and continued to dig on their food while the twins were fighting.

"The twins are fighting again!"

"Call Kita-san!"

"Where's Fuyuko?!"

When she heard her name, she leaned onto her brother, trying to hide her face. "Hide me..."

Ginjima laughed at her attempt while Rintaro told her to sleep instead. She nodded and fell asleep immediately. By the time she was shaken awake, it was time for her game. She yawned as she stretched before heading to the gym for volleyball.

"Are the player ready?!" The teacher asked.

Everyone gave an okay sign before the teacher blew on the whistle, indicating the start of the match. The players, including Fuyuko, got into their ready position. The opposing player served which was received by her teammate, sending it to her. "Fuyuko!"

At the call of her name, Fuyuko jumped and perfectly set the ball to their spiker, who has then successfully spiked the ball to the other side, earning them a point. She heard her class cheer loudly at it.

"Go Fuyuko!"

"Beat them!"

"Let's do this!"

Among them all, Atsumu was the loudest. "That's my Fuyuko!"

"Tsumu, calm down!" Ginjima sweat dropped as he had to hold onto Atsumu before he literally jumped out.

• • •

Just like their soccer match, her class won the volleyball game, causing them to cheer loudly in happiness while the opposing teams complained.

"This is not fair!"

"Most of the athletes are in that class!"

"They are monsters!"

"How are we supposed to beat them?!"

"You guys just suck!" Atsumu yelled back along with their classmates, sticking out their tongue at them.