Chapter 5

A week has passed since then and it was finally the day of the Cherry Blossom Festival. Fuyuko looked into the mirror and she nodded her head in satisfaction. She then grabbed her bag and headed out along with Rintaro.

Once they arrived at the festival, they spotted the twins and Ginjima waiting for them by the entrance. Atsumu has spotted them as well that he approached them and waved his hands like a kid. "Fuyuko, you look nice!"

"Thanks, Tsumu. You look nice, too," Fuyuko complimented him back.

Atsumu turned slightly pink at her compliment, which caused her to tilt her head in worry. "Are you catching a cold?"

He frantically shook his head while the others snickered beside him. "A-Anyway, let's go!!"

Atsumu walked ahead of them, and the other quickly followed after him. As they were walking around, Atsumu constantly held different conversations with Fuyuko as he walked beside her. She was immersed in their conversation that she failed to notice the other three slowly walking away from them. By the time she noticed, they were already long gone. "Tsumu, the other three disappeared."

"I didn't realize! There are too many people, maybe that's we got separated from them!" Atsumu said with his fake widened eyes.

Fuyuko fished out her phone and called her brother, but strangely he didn't reply. She frowned in confusion. "Why isn't he picking up his phone? He is always on his phone."

'If Rin is not replying, I highly doubt the others will reply.' As she contemplated for a while, she just sighed and turned to face Atsumu. "Let's just spend time by ourselves. They aren't babies, they're probably enjoying their time."

Atsmu smiled widely at her words as he nodded his head excitedly. He grabbed her hand and pulled her to one of the shooting booths. "Let's try this one!"

"Go ahead, I'll just watch," she said as she looked at the prizes displayed.

"Is there anything you want?" Atsumu asked.

"I want that big fox plushie," she pointed at the one hanging in front.

"I'll get it for you!" Atsumus said with confidence.

"Are you even good at this game?" She asked with a questioning look.

"Watch me," he smirked before turning to the worker. "How do I earn that one?"

"You just have to shoot five of those, knocking them out," the worker explained.

Atsumu nodded his head and handed him the money. The worker received the payment and handed Atsumu five rubber bullets. Atsumu loaded the gun and carefully aimed at the target. Then he began to pull the trigger, knocking the targets one by one.

Fuyuko watched the scene in front of her with amazement. "You're good at this game!"

Atsumu felt a boost of his energy at her words that he smirked before aiming the gun at the last target. He pulled the trigger, successfully knocking the last target down. The worker took down the fox plushie and handed it to Atsumu, which he handed to Fuyuko. "Here you go."

Fuyuko's eyes twinkled in excitement. "Can I really have it?"

Atsumu nodded his head proudly. "It was meant for you."

"Thanks!" She smiled brightly at him.

Atsumu stared at her bright smile in a daze. It was really rare for her to smile this brightly and he felt accomplished to bring that smile to her face.

"You know, it's like you're my boyfriend. Winning a prize for me," she said with a laugh.

Atsumu instantly turned red as a tomato that he turned his head away from her, trying to cover his flustered face as he mumbled something under his breath. Once he felt his face cool down, he grabbed her hand and pointed to the huge cherry blossom tree. "Let's take some pictures."

"Sure!" She nodded her head.

They headed to the tree hand in hand. Once they reached under the tree, he took out his phone, opening the camera app before backing away from her. "I'll take a picture of you! Go pose!"

She smiled as she made a pose that unconsciously brought a smile to Atsumu's face. "Okay, 1... 2... 3!"

He took around five pictures before going closer to her to show the photos. She swiped through his phone with a satisfied look. "You take pretty good pictures."

Atsumu gave her a proud look. She shook her head with a laugh at his confident self before taking out her phone as well. "I'll take yours now."

Atsumu made a pose and Fuyuko immediately readied her phone. "1... 2... 3!"

She took few pictures before showing them to him. His eyes twinkled at the result as he gave a satisfied nod. "Let's take one together!"

Before she could even reply, Atsumu asked a man nearby to take their photos. The man kindly accepted his request and took several photos of them under the cherry blossom. When the man was done, he handed Atsumu's phone back to him with a smile. Before he walked away, he said, "What a pretty couple! Have fun on the rest of the festival!"

Fuyuko laughed at the man's words. "Did you hear that? As if we are a couple!"

When she didn't hear anything from him, she turned to him to see him blushing as he stared at his phone. "Tsumu?"

Atsumu snapped back to reality at her voice calling out to him and quickly turned away from her. "L-Let's go get some food."

She nodded her head.

Atsumu once again held her hand and guided her towards one of the food stalls. Meanwhile, Fuyuko stared at him in confusion. Why did he react that way?