Chapter 14

For the next two weeks, Fuyuko has been studying with Atsumu for their upcoming exam week. He has asked her if they can study just by the two of them, to which she agreed. They were able to help each other when they had troubles, but most of the time, Atsumu was busy staring at her. "Tsumu, looking at me won't get you higher grades."

"But I can't help it," he pouted.

"Then make it help it," she said without taking her eyes off of her reviewer.

She could practically hear Atsumu grumbling, nonetheless, he went back to his notes to study.

• • •

After what felt like several hours, Fuyuko let go of her pencil and stretched her upper body. She then glanced at Atsumu to see that he fell asleep. She silently stared at him and studied his features. She knew he was handsome, but she never realized he was this handsome. No wonder he has fangirls around.

She continued to stare at him as she slowly brought her hands closer to his hair. She began to gently stroke his hair, trying to avoid waking him up. She continued to do so until she heard his voice. "That feels nice."

She flinched and tried to retrieve her hand away. Before she was successful, he grabbed her hand and opened his eyes. They were looking straight at each other's eyes. He then smirked as he sat up properly.

She was so lost in his eyes that she failed to notice him slowly moving closer to her. When she suddenly saw him right in front of her, she tried to back away. However, Atsumu held her in place, not allowing her to back away from him. She felt her heart beating faster each second as her breathing became shaky. Atsumu seemed to notice her state that he brought his face closer to the point of their nose barely touching each other. "T-Tsumu?"

He continued to stare at her eyes as he spoke softly. "Can I take your reaction as a positive response?"

"W-What?" She asked in confusion while she was stuck in her flustered self.

He smiled softly. "That you are starting to fall for me."

She stared at him as she did not know how to react nor respond. All she knew was that she has been seeing Atsumu differently. Her heart beats faster and she tends to blush often when he was around her. That was when it clicked to her. She was starting to fall for him. It wasn't Kita whom she felt the feeling of love. It was Atsumu. Kita was more of respect and admiration. She could tell her feelings were definitely different.

As she began to be aware of her feelings, her gaze gradually went lower, trying to avoid Atsumu's eyes as she covered her face. However, Atsumu has already seen the blush that was formed on her cheeks that he chuckled. He let go of her wrist and ruffled her hair. "I really like you. It makes me happy that I actually have a chance."

As she continued to hide her face, Atsumu began to pack his things. Once he was done, he waved at her before leaving her room. "I should go now. See you tomorrow!"

He was already gone before she could even wave back at him.

• • •

As Fuyuko continued to sit in the same position, her room door opened, revealing her brother. "What should we e- Yuko?! Are you sick?"

Rintaro had slight panic written on his face as he went closer to his red-faced sister. He placed his hand on her forehead and compared his temperature with her. When he noticed that she didn't have a fever, he smirked. "It's Tsumu, isn't it?"

When he saw her blushed even deeper which he did not know was possible, he snickered. "Are you starting to fall for him?"

She nodded her head slowly. "I think I am starting to like him... What do I do?"

He continued to snicker as he patted her back reassuringly. "I'm sure you know what to do."

It took her a while for her blush to disappear.