Chapter 10

The volleyball club members were gathered in front of the coach before they were free to leave. "Remember that we have Inter high tournament in two weeks. We are going to have a training camp next week to focus on your training. It will be like last year. You are excused from school, but you will have to attend make up classes after school when the tournament is over. I'll see you guys on Monday."

Once the coach left, Atsumu's eyes twinkled in excitement. "I'm so excited!"

"More training... Why is that fun?" Rintaro mumbles.

"I'm not excited... I have to make your meals..." Fuyuko sighed.

"Oh, I get to eat your cooking!" Atsumu yelled again.

Fuyuko sweatdropped at his energy, so when they have reached the gate, she sighed in relief.

"I don't understand him," Rintaro mumbled as it was just him and his sister.

Fuyuko chuckled in agreement. "Same, but I think it's cool."

"Cool?"

She nodeed. "I mean it shows how passionate he is with volleyball. Isn't it amazing that you are working hard for your goal? It's something respectable."

Once they reached home, Fuyuko quickly washed up and jumped onto her bed. She was enjoying the coziness that was surrounding her as she was ready to drift off to sleep. Before she was successful, she sat up in realization. "I forgot to ask Tsumu if he's free tomorrow!"

She was planning on treating him food as her gratitude. She grumbled at her forgetfulness and quickly called Atsumu. It rang for few seconds before he answered, "F-Fuyuko?!"

"Why are you still energetic?" She asked in disbelief. "Anyway, I was wondering if you are free tomorrow? I wanted to treat you food as thanks for last week.

"I'm definitely free tomorrow!" Atsumu quickly yelled.

She then heard Osamu's irritated voice on the other side. "Shut up! Why are you so fuckin loud?!"

"Deal with it! Fuyuko asked if I was free tomorrow!" Atsumu yelled back.

"I thought tomorrow you-" There was a loud smack and someone groaning in pain. "I'm so going to fuckin kill you!"

After the angry yell of Osamu, the line was cut off. Fuyuko blinked several times in confusion. She just sighed and messaged him instead. 'Meet me at our usual cafe at 11 A.M. Good night.'

She placed her phone down and immediately drifted off to sleep. When she woke up the next day by her alarm, she checked her phone as she yawned. On the notification bar, she saw a message sent by Atsumu. 'Sorry about earlier! Samu kicked me and I accidentally ended the call! But yeah see you tomo! Dream of me!'

She chuckled at his last sent message then got up from her bed and prepared to head out. Once she was done, she went out her room to see Rintaro slouched on the couch. "Rin, I'm meeting Tsumu."

Rintaro just lazily waved his hands before going back to his phone.

Fuyuko headed towards the cafe and saw that Atsumu has already arrived and was waiting for her outside. She quickly approached him. "Why didn't you wait inside?"

"I just wanted to?" Atsumu answered in more like a question form.

She just shook her head in disbelief before heading inside with him right behind her. They then headed straight to the cashier, ordered their drinks, and sat down on one of the available seats.

"What do you want to eat?" Atsumu asked.

"Tsumu, I called you out to thank you, so you should pick."

Atsumu nodded as he ruffled his hair. "Uh... I want... Oh! I want waffles!"