Chapter 9

Fuyuko woke up even before her alarm went off due to an unpleasant feeling. She quickly got out of her bed and rushed to the bathroom. She then groaned in annoyance as her guts were right. Her period just burst through the door, without being invited. She forced herself up from the toilet and took a quick shower before preparing for school with a heavy body. She could already feel the dark circles forming along with her irritation.

She headed out of her room in a cranky mood, looking for painkillers. Once she found it, she took one to take right now while the rest of the pack was shoved in her bag. When Rintaro saw her sister, angrily shoving a pack of pills in her bag, he sighed as he typed on his phone. "This is going to be a hell week."

The both of them headed to school in silence. Rintaro knew how cranky she can get and decided not to irritate her as much as possible. Once they arrived, she went straight to her classroom and slouched on her chair, drifting off to sleep.

After few minutes, she felt someone ruffling her hair in a gentle manner, making her sigh in both annoyance and comfort. She opened her eyes to see Atsumu with a worried look as he handed her a plastic bag. "Here, Fuyuko."

She looked at him with confusion as she accepted it. She opened it and looked inside the plastic bag just for her eyes to twinkle at the content inside. It was full of her favourite sweets.

"How did you know I was craving for them?" She asked as she unwrapped one of the chocolate bars.

"I just had a feeling?" He said, trying to avoid the question. "Here, I also brought my hoodie if you want."

She smiled at him and gave him a quick hug. "Thanks!"

Atsumu blushed as he turned his face away from her.

Fuyuko placed his hoodie on her stomach as she continued to savour the sweets. Soon she heard the bell, making her groan as she shoved the sweets into her bag and slouched on her desk. Before her teacher entered the class, she fell asleep.

• • •

The teacher began to check the attendance as soon as she entered. She called their names one by one until she reached Fuyuko. "Suna Fuyuko?"

When she didn't hear any response, she called her name once again. "Suna Fuyuko? Is she absent?"

She looked around and spotted her sleeping. "Atsumu, please wake her up."

"Um... she's sick!" Atsumu tried to explain.

"Sick? Does she need to go to the clinic?" The teacher asked in concern.

"U-Uh... I don't know?" Atsumu replied. He was panicking as he didn't know how he was supposed to explain it without announcing it to the whole class about her period.

The teacher gave him a look and was about to ask more questions until she noticed a faint blush on his cheeks. Her eyes widen in realization and smiled softly. "Okay, I understand. Let her sleep. Please ask her if she wants to go to the clinic once she wakes up."

Atsumu sighed in relief as the teacher continued with the attendance before starting with the lessons. He glanced at Fuyuko's sleeping form and brushed her hair that was covering her face, allowing him to see her sleeping face.

'If only she liked me back,' Atsumu thought as he stared at her.

Thanks to Atsumu and the teachers' understanding, Fuyuko was able to sleep throughout the classes without getting into any trouble. She was only woken up by Rintaro during lunch. "Yuko, you need to eat to take more painkillers."

Fuyuko rubbed her eyes as she replied, "I'll just go to the bathroom."

She took her pouch out of her bag and headed to the bathroom. Once she was done with her business, she headed back to her class, immediately opening the sweet Atsumu got for her. As she took a bite, she wore Atsumu's hoodie, trying to keep herself warm, then leaned onto Atsumu. She did not notice the reactions of the others as she was busy eating her sweets.

However, before she got to open her third sweets, Rintaro prevented her. "Yuko, eat at least half of your lunch. You can't just eat sweets and painkillers all day."

"I don't have an appetite," Fuyuko whined as she rubbed her face to Atsumu's shoulders.

"Yuko..." Rintaro gave her a pleading tone that made her sigh and nod her head.

Rintaro sighed in relief and opened her lunch for her, making sure she ate at least half of it. Once she was done, she took another painkiller before drifting back to sleep. When she opened her eyes, it was time for club. She forced her heavy body to walk towards the gym. She quickly changed her uniform and was about to make the drinks. However, Kita stopped her. "Fuyuko, are you feeling unwell?"

"It's just my period," she mumbled. "I can manage, Kita-san."

Kita shook his head and took the box full of bottles from her. "You are resting for today."

"But Kita-san!" She tried to protest, but before she could utter another word, she clenched her stomach in pain.

"See? Now go to the bench and rest. I'll handle these for this week," Kita said as he left the gym.

She walked to the bench and sat down as she covered her stomach with Atsumu's hoodie once again. She felt drowsy that she closed her eyes, letting sleep take over her body.

Rintaro shook her awake once they were done cleaning up and changing back. "How are you feeling?"

"Like shit," she groaned.

Rintaro just nodded his head as he carried Fuyuko's bag.

Fuyuko turned towards Atsumu and tried to hand him back his hoodie. "Here. Thanks for lending me."

Atsumu nodded but did not take his hoodie back. "Hold onto it. Return it to me next week."

"Are you sure?" She asked.

When she saw Atsumu nod his head with a grin, she thanked him before walking back home with Rintaro.

"Rin," she called out to him after few minutes of silence.

"What?" He replied without taking his eyes off of his phone.

"Don't you think Kita-san and Tsumu were really sweet today?" She said with a slight blush.

Rintaro smirked slightly as he asked, "How so?"

"Well, Kita was observant and caring. He noticed right away my condition and allowed me to rest," she explained. "As for Tsumu, it's weird that he had a feeling about it, but he was really caring and sweet. I mean he lent me his hoodie, helped me sleep in school, and he even got me sweets."

Rintaro nodded his head with a slight satisfaction as he quickly typed on his phone.

"I think both of them will really be amazing boyfriends. I wish my future boyfriend will take care of me like that whenever I am on my period," she said.

"Who knows," Rintaro mumbled with a smirk.

• • •

Even after this day, Atsumu continued to be extra caring towards her. From time to time, Fuyuko blushed at his actions as she was not used to this side of him. "Tsumu, I never knew that you can be this sweet."

Atsumu just rubbed his neck. "I just wanted to help since you were in pain..."

Fuyuko smiled at his reply. "If you do that to your future girlfriend, she will definitely fall for you even more."

"D-Do you really think so?!" Atsumu blushed as he replied with an excited tone.

She nodded her head. "Absolutely. I think if my boyfriend was this caring I will love him even more."

Atsumu muttered under his breath with a wide smile. Not catching what he said, she asked, "Can you repeat that?"

"N-Nothing!" Atsumu shuttered with a deeper blush painted on his cheeks.