Chapter 13

If Fuyuko was honest, she was not worried about the tournament. She trusted the members that they were going to win regardless of who their opponents were. They will be the one who goes to the Nationals. She looked at each of the members and saw that they had quite a confident smile, especially Atsumu. She found herself smiling at the sight. Somehow his confident smile gave her reassurance that they were indeed okay and were going to win.

Before he went to the court, she grabbed his arm. She smiled at him. "Good luck."

She went and sat on the bench. She then looked at Atsumu and saw him staring at her with a slight blush before rushing into the court with a huge smile.

• • •

Just as she predicted, their team has won and was going to attend the Nationals. She congratulated each of the members happily. Soon she reached Atsumu. "Congrats, Tsumu!"

Atsumu gave her a confident smirk. "It was only the elimination game. The real game starts at the Nationals."

She chuckled at his confidence as she patted his shoulder. "Yeah yeah, that's what I love about you."

Atsumu did not say anything but stared at her with a smile displayed on his lips.

• • •

When they headed back to school after the tournament, the teachers congratulated Atsumu and Ginjima whenever they entered the classroom. Thanks to that, both of them had a proud smile the whole day.

Aside from that, the five of them had to stay after school to catch up on all the lessons they missed during the training camp and tournament. The five of them groaned as they sat on the chair while the teacher was discussing the lessons they have missed. However, Rintaro was just scrolling on his phone while avoiding from the teacher's sight while the twins were dozing off. The only ones who were paying attention were Fuyuko and Ginjima. They were both taking down their notes.

The teacher sighed. "Guys, pay attention. You don't want to fail the exams we have next month."

The three of them froze as they sat up straight, suddenly paying attention to the teacher. Fuyuko stared at them in shock while Ginjima chuckled. "Kita-san is going to kill them if they fail any subjects or their grades drop."

She silently laughed at his words. She knows how scary he could be.

After the dreadful hours of makeup classes, they all sighed in relief as they packed their bags and headed to the entrance. Before they went on separate ways, Atsumu grabbed Fuyuko's arms softly. "C-Can we hang out right now?"

"Sure," she nodded her head.

Atsumu's face lit up at her reply. "Let's go to the cafe we went to last time."

She nodded and waved at the others.

Ginjima and Osamu slapped Atsumu's back before heading away first.

"Message me if you are going to have dinner out," Rintaro reminded her sister before turning towards Atsumu. "Make sure to walk her off if you guys are done hanging out after sunset."

"Of course, I'll do that!" Atsumu said with a slightly offended look.

Fuyuko just nodded her head.

Once Rintaro left, she turned to Atsumu. "Let's go?"

Atsumu nodded and they began to walk in the direction of the cafe. On the way, Fuyuko noticed Atsumu glancing at her hand from time to time. "Tsumu, why are you looking at my hand?"

Atsumu blushed as he scratched the back of his head. "U'Uh... I wanted to hold it..."

She didn't think much of it and held her hand towards him. "Let's hold hands then."

"A-Are you sure?" He blushed harder.

"If I wasn't I wouldn't have suggested it."

When Atsumu's hand enveloped her hand, the first thing she noticed was how warm it was. Then how big his hands were compared to hers. She unconsciously smiled at the safe feeling his hand brought her.

"It feels like we are dating..." Atsumu mumbled.

That was when Fuyuko realized how they may appear like a couple. This caused her to blush and tried her best to focus on the front instead of being conscious of his hand. However, she couldn't help but glance at their intertwined hands from time to time. She could feel her heart beating faster each second.

As soon as they arrived, Atsumu made her save them a seat while he went to order. He then later came back with the tray with their ordered foods. There were two drinks and a slice of cake. "Are you eating a cake right now?"

Atsumu shook his head. "It's for you."

"Huh?"

He placed the cake in front of her. "I know you like this cake. It's rare for them to have it here, so I bought it immediately."

She blushed at his words as she he thanked him softly before picking up the fork, digging into the cake. When she took a bite, her lips immediately tugged up as the taste filled her mouth. Her eyes twinkled as she quickly took another bite.

As she was enjoying the cake, she felt Atsumu stare at her. She looked up to see his face full of affection. This caused her to freeze. The face he was making was causing her cheeks to burn while the sound of her heartbeat got louder. She faked a cough before glancing back to the cake. She licked her lips slightly before scooping up a bite of the cake and held it in front of Atsumu's lips. "H-Here..."

Atsumu looked surprised but took a bite. "I can tell why you like it."

"It's good right?"

He nodded. "I think it taste better because y-you fed me..."

Fuyuko's turned into a brighter shade of red that she averted her eyes and began to ruffle through her bag. "H-How much was it again? I'll pay you back..."

"It's fine. My treat," Atsumu said.

She tried to protest, but Atsumu was much more stubborn. She didn't have a choice but to give up. "Fine. But I am the one paying next time."

"Is that our next date?" Atsumu asked with a slight smirk.

The heat that just cooled down from her face has rose up again. "W-What are you saying?!"

Atsumu put on a fake cry as he clenched his chest. "I was hoping it was..."

"F-Fine! Don't make that face!" She said before turning her face away from him.

She couldn't see Atsumu's expression, but she was sure that he was smiling in victory. However, unknown to her, he was actually blushing as well that she agreed.