Chapter 17

The next event in line was the mission track. Everyone headed to the field and the starting players lined up on the track field.

"There would be three rounds of this game! You just run until you reach those tables. Then you pick a random paper and bring whatever is written there!" The teacher explained.

During the first round, Fuyuko's class had Atsumu while the other class had Osamu. Everyone could see lasers coming out from both of their eyes.

"They're getting competitive," Fuyuko mumbled.

"Samu may not look like it, but he is really competitive like Tsumu. They are the same DNA after all," Ginjima laughed.

She nodded in agreement as she waited for the signal.

The teacher finally blew on the whistle, making everyone sprint all the way to the table displayed. Unsurprisingly, the Miya twins were in the lead. They arrived at the table at the same time and grabbed a random paper. They both checked what was on the paper before heading towards wherever they can find the item written. Osamu ran to one of his classmates while Atsumu headed in her direction. "Fuyuko, water bottle!"

She quickly grabbed her water bottle and threw it at him. He caught it effortlessly before sprinting to the goal. Fuyuko saw Osamu running towards the goal as well. They were neck on neck. Soon they crossed the goal line and the teachers were trying to determine who went in first. Both classes waited for the teacher to announce the first place. "The first place goes to Miya Atsumu from class 2!"

Atsumu gave a smug look as her class cheered loudly. Osamu glared at his twin, looking like he was ready to punch his twin's face to wipe off that look. However, before they could even begin their fight, they felt a menacing aura directed towards them, causing chills to run down their spine. Both of them slowly turned in the direction to see Kita looking at them with a dark aura around him. Both of them flinched as they went back to where they were supposed to be seated in haste.

"Next players, get ready!"

Ginijma and Rintaro headed to the track field. Ginjima looked determined while Rintaro looked bored as usual.

As all the players got into the starting position, the teacher blew on the whistle and everyone sprinted to the table and grabbed a paper. As Rintaro and Ginjima checked the content of the paper, they both headed towards her way. Ginjima arrived first and got a towel from someone else while Rintaro carried Fuyuko like a potato sack.

Before she could even react, her twin ran all the way to the goal line along with Ginjima. She could hear some snickers at how she was being carried by her brother. Fuyuko just groaned and hold tightly onto him, hoping he won't accidentally drop her to the ground. Thankfully, Ginjima was able to cross the line first, making Rintaro second place. She sighed in relief as Rintaro placed her back to her feet.

"What was written on the paper, Rin?" She asked in curiosity.

"Sibling," he replied before walking off.

She then quickly went to the starting line as she was part of the third round. As she was in a ready position, she heard the whistle being blown, making her sprint immediately. She grabbed a paper from the table and check the word written on it. 'Captain.'

As soon as she saw the word, she looked around and sprinted towards where Kita was. "Kita-san!"

Kita nodded his head before running towards her. She grabbed his hand and ran all the way to the goal line, crossing it before anyone else. After the teacher announced her in the first place, she let go of his hand as she panted. She then turned to him and thanked him for running with her.

"Congratulations," he said before heading back to his seat.

She quickly went back to her spot, just to find Atsumu in a bad mood. She sat beside him in confusion. "Why are you in a bad mood? Our class won."

"What was written on your paper?" He asked without even glancing at her.

"Captain," she replied as she drank her water.

When he heard her reply, his mood instantly lifted up. Fuyuko looked at him weirdly before leaning towards Ginjima to whisper, "What's wrong with him?"

"Who knows?" He shrugged his shoulders.

• • •

The last game of the day was dodgeball. For this game, it was mandatory for everyone to join. Fuyuko groaned as she headed to the assigned place for her class.

"This is a normal dodgeball game. If you get hit, you're out. If you hit someone on the head, you're out. If you catch the ball, whoever threw it is out. If you drop the ball as soon as you caught the ball, you're out." The teacher explained the rules before signaling the students to begin the game.

Atsumu threw the ball, aiming at whoever was in his sight while Fuyuko focused on dodging the ball instead. The ball was being thrown and hit someone back and forth until it was just Suna twins and Miya twins left. The Suna twins made eye contact when they saw the way the Miya twins were glaring at each other. They immediately stepped away from them, just avoiding the ball if it ever flew towards them. Atsumu and Osamu were attacking each other until Atsumu accidentally dropped the ball. Osamu cheered loudly while Atsumu yelled in disbelief. Atsumu went out of the court as he grumbled.

Since it was now two against one, Fuyuko sighed as she thought it was impossible for her to win. However, just to her luck, Osamu dropped the ball she threw, making him out. Class 2 yelled in happiness while class 1 yelled at Rintaro to not go easy on his sister. Rintaro sighed at their yells before throwing the ball towards her. She managed to catch the ball effortlessly before she threw it at him. The ball went back and forth until Fuyuko could tell her brother was getting lazier each second.

At one point, he just decided to get out by getting hit by the ball she threw. It was obvious to everyone that he got hit on purpose. "Oops."

His classmates yelled in frustration in contrast to her classmates.