Chapter 3

"Yuko, wake up. I might be late for practice because of you," Rintaro said as he tried to wake Fuyuko.

"Then leave me alone..." she groaned. "It's not like I have to go to your practice as well."

She was about to drift off to sleep again, but she felt herself being lifted up. She slightly opened her eyes to see herself being carried to her bathroom. "Rin, whyyyy?"

"Mom is going to get mad at me if I leave without you. Go wash up and prepare before I actually get late."

Fuyuko sighed in defeat as she saw her twin exit her bathroom. She began to prepare, trying her best not to fall asleep. She miraculously managed to stay awake and headed out of her room. "Let's go, Rin."

Rintaro handed her a loaf of bread, but she shook her head. "I don't feel like eating. I'm still sleepy."

Rintaro nodded his head and bit onto it instead.

Although she was technically half asleep, Rintaro managed to drag her to school safely and on time. When they entered the gym, they were greeted by the sight of the twins physically fighting. Rintaro quickly fished out his phone to film them while Fuyuko headed towards Ginjima who was watching at the side. "What happened?"

"I'm not sure either," Ginjima replied. "From what they are yelling, Tsumu stole Samu's pudding."

"Again," Fuyuko sighed.

They continued to watch the twins fight in silence until Atsumu got thrown near them. Osamu stomped over to his fallen twin to punch him while Atsumu tried to resist.

Not wanting to get accidentally hit by them, Ginjima and Fuyuko tried to move out of their way, but before they were successfully able to do so, Atsumu's fist came in contact with her cheek. The twins froze while Ginjima yelled in shock. "Fuyuko!"

Rintaro quickly went to his sister at the sight of her hissing in pain as she held her cheek with a tear threatening to fall from her eyes. "Yuko! Are you okay?! Let me see!"

Fuyuko slowly removed her hand and the others gasped. There was a huge bruise forming on her cheeks. The twins turned pale as they did not mean to drag her to their fight. Atsumu, especially, was panicking since he was the one who punched her.

"You guys seriously should stop fighting!" Ginjima nagged as he continued to look at her with concern filled in his eyes.

The twins quickly crouched in front of her. Their eyes widen when they saw droplets of tears flow down her cheeks.

"I'm so sorry!" Atsumu apologized as he panicked.

"Let's go to the infirmary!" Osamu said in haste.

Before any of them could do anything else, the third years entered the gym. When they saw them crowding Fuyuko with panic written all over their faces, Kita quickly went closer to them in concern. Upon seeing the purple bruise on her cheek, Kita's eyes widen as crouched next to her, inspecting her bruise. "What happened?"

"I accidentally punched her..." Atsumu whispered as he looked down in shame.

Kita sighed at his words. "Gin, go get ice."

Ginjima nodded and immediately headed out to fetch an ice pack.

"How did this happen?" Kita asked as he turned to Atsumu.

"W-Well... Samu and I were fighting... then Fuyuko happened to be near us..." Atsumu mumbled.

Kita's aura instantly turned into a murderous one at his explanation. The twins immediately kneeled and looked at the floor at the intense aura he was giving off. The other third years sighed at the sight as they shook their head.

"Does it hurt a lot?" Rintaro gave her a worried look.

"Yeah, no shit. I just got punched by a fuckin athlete. A fuckin volleyball player," Fuyuko said as she wiped her tears.

Soon Ginjima arrived back with an ice pack and handed it to her.

"Thanks, Gin," she said as she placed it on her cheek.

Once Kita was done with his lecture, he assigned the twin to clean up the gym and forbade them from joining the practice for today. Atsumu especially looked dejected but did not complain, knowing he deserved it.

"I'm sorry..." Atsumu apologized as he sat beside her.

"You should be," Fuyuko glared at him, but her eyes immediately softened at his dejected form. "Just be careful next time."

Atsumu did not say anything as he looked down.

Fuyuko patted his shoulders with a slight grin. "Look, it's fine."

Atsumu just nodded his head as he avoided her eyes.

• • •

Fuyuko didn't know if it was because of this incident, but whenever she was around them, Atsumu avoided getting into any physical fight with his twin. Thanks to that, the others looked for her when the twins fought aside from Kita.

"The twins are fighting again!"

"Let's bet who wins! Whoever loses buys lunch!"

"Someone call Kita-san!"

"No, call Fuyuko!"

"Whoever you find first!"

"Someone hurry before they break something!"

Once they manage to find her, they drag her to the scene without any explanation. Fuyuko will always be greeted with the sight of the twins ready to kill each other. She would just sigh and try to escape the scene, not wanting to get involved, but the others would not let her. Knowing she didn't have a choice, she lazily hugged Atsumu from behind and mumble, "Tsumu, you're causing a scene."

Atsumu initially turns around with a menacing glare, but once he realizes it's Fuyuko, his eyes soften as he slowly lowers his fist along with Osamu. Thanks to this, people started to call her, 'the fox tamer.' Fuyuko hated the nickname, but she let them be since she was just too lazy to deal with them. On the other hand, Rintaro teases her about it. "Pfft... fox tamer..."

"Shut up, Rin," she glared at her twin.

"You got that nickname because you manage to break their fight, which is impossible unless you are Kita-san."

"Now that you mentioned it, I guess it makes sense. I don't know how I manage to do it though. Maybe because he accidentally hit me once?" She wondered.

"That may be one of the reasons, but you sure are dense," Rintaro sighed.

She looked at him offended. "Where did that come from?"

"Nothing. Figure it out yourself," Rintaro said as he ruffled her hair.