Chapter 21

Spoiler Alert

The spring tournament was coming up this November that the members were focused on their training once again. In a blink of an eye, Inter high tournament has arrived. None of the members were nervous as they were confident that they will win this tournament and earn their ticket to the Nationals once again.

"You look so confident," Fuyuko commented.

"It's not even the Nationals. There's nothing to be worried about," Atsumu smirked.

• • •

Just as their confidence, they won the Inter high tournament that they were attending the Nationals once again. They had another chance to go to the Nationals to win.

• • •

A week or two after the tournament, the coach announced that Atsumu was offered to attend the National Youth Training Camp.

"That's great, Tsumu," Fuyuko said with a faint smile.

"But I don't want to be away from you!" Atsumu clung to her.

"So what? Are you not going to accept that offer?" She sighed.

"Of course not!" He immediately shook his head.

Fuyuko gave a satisfied smile. "You can always message me or call me."

He nodded. "I'll contact you every chance I get!"

• • •

When the day of his youth camp has arrived, Fuyuko was out with Atsumu to send him off to his training camp.

"Fuyuko, can you give me your hand?" Atsumu asked.

She gave him a bewildered look but placed her right hand on his extended hand. When she did so, Atsumu shook his head and said he wanted her left hand. When she switched her hand, Atsumu ruffled through his pocket and placed inserted a ring on her fourth finger.

"When did you get this?" She asked in shock.

"T-That's not important right now!" He blushed as he avoided the question. "Make sure you wear it all times, so people know you're taken."

She stared at the ring and smiled. It was simple, nonetheless pretty. Just her style.

"Do... you like... it?" He asked slowly.

She nodded her head and gave him a quick peck on the lips which Atsumu smiled in relief.

"Tsumu, how are you going to wear yours? Isn't it uncomfortable for volleyball?" She asked.

He smiled at her question as he showed her his necklace that has been hidden inside his shirt. "I made mine into a necklace instead."

She smiled before giving him a last peck before he leaves. "Good luck with your training."

• • •

Atsumu has been gone for a while and just like how he promised, he contacts her every chance he got. "Fuyuko!"

"Is it your break already?"

"Yep! I miss you!"

"Yeah..." She said as she tried to stop her laugh, pretending to not miss him.

"Say it back!" She could hear him pouting on the other side. "Do you not miss me?"

"Of course I miss you. I was just joking." She heard him cheer on the other end. "How's the training there?"

"I am loving it! Everyone here is a monster!"

"That's exciting for you, isn't it?"

"Uh-huh! Anyway, I hope no one is flirting with you!"

"As if anyone will do that. Don't worry about it." She reassured him.

"If anyone does, tell me! I'll make sure to grind their face to the road!"

She shook her head in disbelief. "Yeah yeah, don't worry. Just focus on your training."

"Okay, I will! I have to go now! Love you!"

"Love you, too," she said before ending the call.

• • •

After few more days, it was the day Atsumu came back from his youth camp and Osamu was annoyed by it. "My peaceful life is about to end..."

Fuyuko laughed at his reaction.

• • •

"Fuyuko!" Atsumu yelled as he ran towards her with both of his arms spread out.

Out of survival instinct, she moved away, making him stumble. "Fuyuko! Why did you dodge me?!"

"If you run at me at full speed, obviously I'll move away."

Atsumu came closer to her and hugged her tightly as he took in her calming scent. "I missed you..."

"You are such a baby," she said as she patted his head.

Even though she said that she did miss him as well. She missed his presence, his hugs, and his kisses.

Ever since he came back, he was extra clingy to her for a week or two as if he was a glue stuck to her.

• • •

New Year has passed and it was finally the time for Nationals. It was their last Nationals as a second year and with this team. They won a few rounds before going against the next school, Karasuno. Apparently, Atsumu has met their regular setter at the youth camp. He was certainly excited to go against him.

The game has begun between the two teams as Fuyuko watched in nervousness as Karasuno got the first set from them. Inarizaki was unstable that the coach subbed Kita in. As soon as Kita was subbed in, he made quick comments to the members before going to his position.

When the referee blew on the whistle, the game has resumed. The group was stabilized thanks to Kita's defense. He managed to prevent a couple of balls from coming in contact with their side of the court. They managed to take the second set, now heading off to their last set. This third set will determine who gets to move up to the next round.

• • •

Despite everyone working hard and being determined, the ball has dropped on their side of the court, giving the victory to Karasuno. They were defeated. Fuyuko was upset, but she did not show her current emotion and told them a good job as she handed them their necessities.

After they exited the court, the twins apologized to Kita regarding their last decision during the game. Kita smiled saying how he wanted to say longer on how awesome his team was, making them tear up. This interaction lifted the mood of the twins, making them determined more than ever to win next year.

• • •

After the Nationals, Christmas break was coming to an end. Fuyuko sighed in relief when she remembered that they didn't have any homework this time. Not wasting any more time, she immediately dived into her bed, drifting off to sleep.

• • •

When she arrived in her class, the next morning, she saw Ginjima and Atsumu chatting with each other. She sat beside Atsumu and as soon as they saw her, they froze before panicking. "Did we have homework?!"

Wanting to tease them, she gasped. "We did. Did you guys not do it again?"

Both of them paled as they asked her what was their homework. She tried to maintain her expression, but she failed to do so as she laughed out loud. When they heard her laugh, they looked at her in realization and whined. "Don't joke about that! It gave us a heart attack!"

Fuyuko continued to laugh while the two of them pouted.