Chapter 7

Just like the usual days, Fuyuko was watching them practice. While she was sitting there in amazement, she spotted Kita carrying the drinks inside the gym. She quickly went towards him and helped him. "Let me help, Kita-san."

"It's fine. This is my job anyway," Kita tried to refuse, but she was stubborn.

Kita just sighed but gave her a faint smile of gratitude. Fuyuko smiled back at him and brought the drinks to the bench. "Kita-san, won't it be better if you find a manager?"

Kita then pointed to Atsumu, which explained a lot. She nodded her head in understanding. "Makes sense. He is quite picky."

The whistle was blown and the members came towards them.

"Fuyuko! How come you're helping Kita-san?! I thought you were lazy?!" Atsumu exclaimed.

"Well, he has my respect unlike you."

The others snickered at her reply while Atsumu pouted, however, his pout was replaced with his twinkled eyes. "Fuyuko, why don't you be our manager?!"

"No," she answered with zero hesitation.

"You didn't even think about it!" Atsumu whined.

"You expect me to move around? Definitely not happening."

As he continued to whine, Kita had to step in to make him stop. Seeing this, Fuyuko gave him a pitied look. "Kita-san, it must be tiring for you as a captain and dealing with Tsumu."

"What does that suppose to mean?!" Atsumu yelled.

She ignored him and asked Kita, "Will having a manager make it easier?"

"Of course," Kita nodded his head.

She contemplated for a while before nodding her head. "Kita-san, what if I become the manager?"

"I thought you didn't want to?" Kita asked in confusion.

"Yeah, Fuyuko! What the?!" Atsumu yelled.

"Am I actually gonna see Yuko move?" Rintaro said in disbelief.

"What a miracle," Ginjima added while Osamu snickered.

Fuyuko glared at her friends before turning back to Kita. "Well, Tsumu was the one who asked, so my answer was automatically a 'no.' But I just wanted to help you out."

"HUH?!" Tsumu yelled, just to be ignored by her once again.

"Well, if we have a manager, it would be great."

"Great! I'll get the registration form!"

"Are you sure?" Kita asked. When he saw her nod her head, he faintly smiled. "Thank you."

"No problem," she smiled back.

"I'll get the registration form right now. Just give it to me tomorrow after you filled it out."

Once Kita left to fetch the registration form, she felt someone staring at her. She turned to look at the person to see a gloomy Atsumu. "What?"

Atsumu did not say anything and turned away, cleaning up the gym. Fuyuko frowned and turned towards Osamu for an explanation, but he just shrugged.

After cleaning up the gym, Fuyuko and Rintaro were heading back home in silence until he broke it with a question. "Do you like Kita-san?"

"Why will I not like him?"

Rintaro sighed. "I meant as in romantic like."

"Oh... I don't know, but I do have respect for him," she replied. "What's with the sudden question though?"

"Just curious I found it weird that you are willing to be our manager."

"I wanted to help Kita-san, that's all," she said before tilting her head slightly. "Maybe I do have a small crush on him."

Rintaro looked quite surprised by her words and mumbled something under his breath.

• • •

After that night, when she saw Atsumu in school, he had a dark aura around him. Even the teachers flinched at the aura he was giving off. "Tsumu, what's wrong with you today? Did you not sleep well?"

Atsumu did not reply to Fuyuko and turned away from her. She frowned slightly at this but brushed it off. Maybe he was having a bad day. However, when Atsumu continued to ignore her, she asked Osamu about it, but he replied with an I don't know. Even during club, she could feel his glared following her around, yet avoid her eyes when she turned to look at him.

"Did you have a fight with him?" Kita asked, noticing Atsumu's glare.

She shook her head with a sigh. "I don't know what his problem is."

She just assumed he was having a bad day, so it was better for her to leave him be for now. Maybe he will be back to himself tomorrow.

Unlike how she assumed, Atsumu's avoidance continued throughout the whole week, causing her to be annoyed. She does not remember doing anything wrong to him, yet he just avoids her without any explanation. If he had a problem with her, he needs to tell her, so they can figure it out. How was avoiding her supposed to work out anyway?

Not wanting to deal with him anymore, Fuyuko decided to confront him during lunch. As soon as the bell rang, she grabbed Atsumu and dragged him to a more isolated area. "I believe I deserve an explanation from you."

"It's nothing," Atsumu mumbled.

"Don't give me that bullshit," she glared at him.

When Atsumu stayed silent, she sighed and raised both of her hands in defeat. "Fine, be that way."

She turned away, ready to walk away from him, but before she could take another step, Atsumu grabbed her arms. "I-I'm sorry! It's just my problem... I-I guess I took it out on you..."

She turned back to look at him. "Are you going to continue avoiding me?"

He shook his head immediately. Fuyuko gave a smile and ruffle his hair which Atsumu blushed at. She laughed at his reaction before heading back to their classroom together. When she entered her class, she saw the others have already opened their lunch. She sat beside her brother and leaned onto the table, drifting off to sleep. Rintaro, for once, did not force her to eat and let her sleep in peace.

• • •

When they heard slight snores from her, they all sighed in relief and began to discuss. "So? What are you going to do now?"

When Atsumu did not say anything, the others tried to brighten his mood. "I mean it's a small crush, you still have hope!"

"How am I supposed to compete with Kita-san?" Atsumu said dejectedly.

"That's true..." Rintaro mumbled, causing Ginjima to slap him. Rintaro rubbed his arm as he shut his mouth.

"Are you going to give up?" Osamu asked.

Atsumu quickly shook his head. "I'm not going to give up like this!"

"There's your answer." Rintaro said. "Win her heart while I allow it."

Atsumu cracked a smile at his words.